"A blind ascetic who has come to "Evaluate" the Spire. Master of the divine Stances."
The Watcher is a playable character (currently exclusive to the beta branch) added to the beta build in the Testing the Fourth Character update . She is a monk that utilizes the effects of her different stances to her advantage, boasts an arsenal oriented around deck control via scrying and/or retaining, and possesses the unique benefits of Miracles. She starts with 72 HP.
The Watcher's unique mechanic is her stances. She can enter, remain in or exit her stances using a variety of different cards in order to yield certain advantages from them. She has 4 different stances.
Basic Cards (Default/Starting Deck) Edit
The Retain Deck
- This build is primarily defensive, and wants to utilize Establishment to lower the cost of your cards and build up to one incredibly powerful turn once costs are reduced and cards are powered up. This deck is going to be lower on attacks and heavy on skills.
- Establishment - This is your best card. If you find it early, grab it and upgrade it the first chance you can get. Upgrading gives it Innate, meaning you will always draw it and only need one.
- Windmill Strike - Your best attack card. This can sit in your hand and have its cost reduced thanks to Establishment, followed by a Stance change to Wrath, likely killing your target.
- Sands of Time - Your other attack card. With Establishment, it will be free in two turns.
- Meditate - This card combos with Establishment as well, since the two cards will be reduced as soon you pick them up. This will reduce the cost of any card you pick up, even if they don't have Retain. As well, going into Calm can help end a big turn.
- Crescendo/Tranquility - It is preferable to have at least one of each in your deck. No need to upgrade them if you have Establishment, since they will cost 0 one turn later.
- Spirit Shield - It's rare, but the best defensive card for this build, especially because you will have many cards in your hand. Upgrade this if you can, though it is optional to do so.
- Scrawl - This allows you to fill up your hand, picking up several Retain cards.
- Cut Through Fate - This is a good card regardless of your build. It is preferable to have one to help smooth out card draws.
- Perserverance/Protect/Flying Sleeves - Your most simple cards. You'll likely want at least one of each defensive card, hopefully two Protects if you can find them.
- Of note, a couple of Scry cards can be useful. This helps filter out curses, and Third Eye can still be useful even if it isn't a Retain card. Just Lucky alone isn't enough for this purpose.
The Ragnarok Deck
- A Ragnarok deck focuses on keeping a thin deck with a way to defend yourself until you get the perfect turn to unleash a buffed attack hopefully killing anything in your way. It helps to get the card fairly early, but a lot of Wrath-based decks can include it efficiently.
- Ragnarok - The namesake of this deck, this card scales extremely well with the Wrath stance as well as several other cards. Upgrading it is a must.
- Wreath of Flame - On an unupgraded Ragnarok, a single Wreath of Flame will add an additional 25 damage to the attack. Stacking this card is very important for the burst attack.
- Deus Ex Machina - Saving the Miracles given by this card will allow you to buff your Ragnarok even more by allowing you to play more Wreath of Flames.
- Third Eye - Gives you survivability while also allowing you to prune your draws just the way you like them.
- Scrawl - Upgraded, this card lets you fill up your hand with potentially more Wreath of Flames without losing any Energy.
- Fasting - Gives your Ragnarok more damage, however sacrifices some energy. Good if you get an early energy relic and can reliably draw Deus Ex Machina.
The Watcher is unlocked by completing a run with any character while having the Defect unlocked (the Watcher is unlocked after beating an A3 boss).