Upon entering the first ? room in an act, the chances of finding each type of encounter are:
- Monster: 10%
- Treasure: 2%
- Shop: 3%
- Elite: 10% (with Deadly Events modifier only, floor 6 and above)
- Event: if no other encounter is found
The chance of finding each type of encounter increases whenever a ? room is visited and does not contain that type of encounter. For example, after visiting four ? rooms which do not contain shops, the chance of finding a shop in the next ? room will be 15%. If a shop is found, the shop chance will be reset back to 3%.
- Tiny Chest Every 4th ? room is a Treasure room. (This resets the increasing treasure room chance.)
- Juzu Bracelet Regular enemy combats are no longer encountered in ? rooms.
- Ssserpent Head Whenever you enter a ? room, gain 50 Gold.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed Meal Ticket not working on Shops from ? rooms.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- Prevent Run History corruption when loading saves in Event rooms.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Fix for Saving and Loading on Elites in event rooms with Deadly Events mod.
- Weekly Patch 45: Impatience
- Fixed issue that made enemies more common in ? rooms since some new mods were introduced.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- New Daily Mod - Deadly Events. ? Rooms can now contain Elites but Treasure room chance is increased.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Cursed Key was not pulsing and flashing to indicate it was active when treasure was found in ? rooms.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Fix for abnormal behavior when you load the game into ? rooms.
- Weekly Patch 29: TURBO
- Smoke Bombs now work when fighting monsters in ? rooms.
- Weekly Patch 25: Building Blocks
- Fixed issue where Save & Exit could re-roll certain events at ? rooms.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Membership Card relic no longer incorrectly lowers ? room chance.
- Seeds are now utilized for gold rewards from events, chests, and various rooms.
- Weekly Patch 12: Lunar New Year
- Fast Mode is faster. Card movement, resting at campfires, events, etc are faster.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Removing two incorrect game tips about ? rooms and Elites.
- Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
- Elites no longer appear in ? rooms. Regular combats occur instead.