Slay the Spire Wiki
Advertisement

The Time Eater is one of the three bosses encountered at the end of Act 3.

Pattern[]

If its HP drops below 50%, will use Haste next turn. Can use Haste only once per battle.

Has a 20% chance of using Ripple, 45% chance of using Reverberate and a 35% chance of using Head Slam.

Ripple cannot be used twice in a row, Head Slam cannot be used twice in a row and Reverberate cannot be used three times in a row.

Name Intent Effect Asc 4+ Asc 19+
Reverberate Attack intent 5.png Deal 7 x 3 damage. Deal 8 x 3 damage. Deal 8 x 3 damage.
Head Slam Intent Attack 6.png Deal 26 damage, apply 2 Draw Reduction. Deal 32 damage, apply 2 Draw Reduction. Deal 32 damage, apply 2 Draw Reduction, and shuffle 2 Slimed into the discard pile.
Ripple Defense - Debuff.png Gain 20 Icon Block.png Block, inflict 1 Icon Weak.png Weak and 1 Icon Vulnerable.png Vulnerable. Gain 20 Icon Block.png Block, inflict 1 Icon Weak.png Weak and 1 Icon Vulnerable.png Vulnerable. Gain 20 Icon Block.png Block, inflict 1 Icon Weak.png Weak, 1 Icon Vulnerable.png Vulnerable, and 1 Icon Frail.png Frail.
Haste Intent - Buff.png Heal back to 50% HP and remove all debuffs. Heal back to 50% HP and remove all debuffs. Heal back to 50% HP, gain 32 Icon Block.png Block, and remove all debuffs.

Tips[]

  • Unique among enemies, Time Eater is capable of ending the player's turn immediately. The player should take special care to ensure that they can play an appropriate number of cards each turn.
    • The Time Eater punishes decks that play many cards per turn, such as infinite or Shiv decks, especially hard. If you are relying heavily on this deck type in Act 3, it may be worth reconsidering your strategy.
    • Playing a consistent number of cards per turn may be useful so that Time Warp does not limit you to a one-card turn. For example, it's usually preferable to play 4 cards, then 5, then 3, rather than 7 cards, then 4, then 1.
  • Try to avoid using low-cost, spammable cards when you can. These cards will quickly increment the Time Warp ability and Time Eater will gain too much strength to be dealt with.
    • As an example, if you were to play Acrobatics, draw 1 Strike+ and 1 Defend+, and play them both, it would cost 3 Time Warp charges. A single Dash+ would give roughly the same block and damage for the same amount of energy, but only 1 Time Warp charge.
  • Time Eater can only use Haste once and will always use Haste the turn after falling below half HP. Since Haste erases all debuffs and heals the Time Eater back to half HP, there is no reason to take offensive action once the Time Eater is below half HP unless you can kill the Time Eater in one turn. It is better to play Powers and buff yourself for the remaining battle when possible.
    • Due to the fact that the heal can be reliably activated, it may be worth ending the turn with Time Warp close to 12 if it lets you get the Time Eater below half HP, as you can safely play only one or two cards next turn while he heals, resetting the timer.
    • The heal action will remove the debuffs from Piercing Wail and Dark Shackles and their "buffs" (regaining Icon Strength.png Strength), causing Time Eater to permanently lose any Icon Strength.png Strength it had before.
    • The debuff cleanse from Haste can be challenging for certain decks, such as slow-ramping Poison decks. Plan accordingly.
  • The Watcher can nullify Time Warp by playing Vault as the twelfth card. The result is the same as if you had normally played a Vault card and the Time Warp counter is reset.

Trivia[]

  • It is possible that the Time Eater is related to the Watcher in some way. Their attires are different shades of purple and adorned with a similar motif. It also says "Never... Liked... You..." on its first turn when facing the Watcher, instead of the usual "Ah... company."
    • The Watcher's Sensory Stone text implies that her peer went missing and stopped reporting back to their sect about the Spire. Time Eater might be that missing peer of hers.

Update History[]

  • Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
    • Burn cards no longer trigger Time Eater's ability at end of turn.
  • Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
    • Adding a VFX for when your turn ends due to Time Warp power.
    • Updating SFX for Time Warp Power.
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Adding SFX for Time Warp, Flight, Constricted, and Entangle Powers.
  • Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
    • Time Eater's Time Warp no longer increments when Curses play themselves.
  • Weekly Patch 11: A Library of Features
    • Curses/Statuses that play themselves no longer trigger Powers (Time Warp, After Image, etc)
  • Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
    • We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Time Eater
  • Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
    • Time Eater now gains less Strength from Time Warp but base damage for attacks increased.
  • Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
    • Time Eater and Champ now show which Powers get removed when they remove them.
Monsters, Elites, and Bosses
MonsterMapIcon.png

AcidSlimeIcon.jpgSpikeSlimeIcon.jpgCultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgLousesIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GremlinNobIcon.jpgLagavulinIcon.jpgSentriesIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

Guardian.jpgHexaghostAchievement.jpgSlimeBossAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

ByrdIcon.jpgChosenIcon.jpgMuggerIcon.jpgShelledParasiteIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpgCenturionMysticIcon.jpgSnakePlantIcon.jpgSneckoIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgSentrySoloIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

BookOfStabbingIcon.jpgGremlinLeaderIcon.jpgTaskmasterIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AutomatonAchievement.jpgChamp.jpgCollectorAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

DarklingIcon.jpgOrbWalkerIcon.jpgShapesIcon.jpgMawIcon.jpgSpireGrowthIcon.jpgTransientIcon.jpgWrithingMassIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GiantHeadIcon.jpgNemesisIcon.jpgReptomancerIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AwakenedOneAchievement.jpgDonuAndDecaIcon.jpgTimeEaterAchievement.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

SpireShieldIcon.jpgSpireSpearIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

CorruptHeartIcon.jpg

Advertisement