Will always perform the pattern Charging Up, Fierce Bash, Vent Steam, and then Whirlwind. When returning from Defensive Mode, the next attack will be Whirlwind, and then continues the pattern as normal.
Its Mode Shift status reduces in number equal to damage it has received. Once it reaches 0, it will shift into Defensive Mode, interrupting any previous intentions and instantly changing its intent to Defensive Mode.
In addition, shifting back to Offensive Mode will add 10 to Mode Shift.
|Charging Up||Gains 9 Block.||Gains 9 Block.|
|Fierce Bash||Deals 32 damage.||Deals 36 damage.|
|Vent Steam||Inflicts 2 Vulnerable and 2 Weak.||Inflicts 2 Vulnerable and 2 Weak.|
|Whirlwind||Deals 5 x 4 damage.||Deals 5 x 4 damage.|
Immediately gains 20 Block when shifting to Defensive Mode. Will perform the pattern Defensive Mode, Roll Attack, and Twin Slam. Will lose Sharp Hide when switching to Offensive Mode. Also note that the damage done by Sharp Hide can be blocked, so don't be too afraid to attack.
Sharp Hide works similarly to Thorns, except it activates when you play attack cards, not when you hit the enemy. Therefore, using a Twin Strike will activate it only once, and using a Skewer at 0 energy will also activate it once.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Adding SFX for Whirlwind card + Guardian enemy.
- Updating SFX for Guardian Destroy dialog.
- Updating SFX for Whirlwind (card AND Guardian enemy).
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Added SFX when the Guardian says Destroy Destroy Destroy.
- Weekly Patch 38: Bane
- The Guardian boss' Phase Shift is now 35 starting Ascension 9.
- Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
- If damage type is thorns, then the damage is dealt even if the owner is dead (Spiker/Guardian).
- Weekly Patch 12: Lunar New Year
- The Guardian boss gets +20 HP.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Fixed issue where thorns would secretly affect ModeShift for TheGuardian.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Guardian boss buff. When it rolls into defensive mode, gains more initial block (20).