Pattern[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
Always uses Taunt every 4 turns. On all other turns, has:
- 15% chance to Defensive Stance
- 15% chance to Gloat
- 25% chance to Face Slap
- 45% chance to Heavy Slash
Moves cannot be used twice in a row: If the previous move would be repeated, the move that comes after it in the list above is selected instead. For example, if the previous move was Gloat, there is now a 0% chance of Gloat and a 40% chance of Face Slap with all the other probabilities unchanged.
If Heavy Slash is used, its probability chance is added to Face Slap instead of Defensive Stance.
On Ascension 19+, he will use Defensive Stance instead of Gloat. Defensive Stance can be cast at most twice per battle and subsequent casts are instead Gloats, regardless of ascension.
When HP drops below 50%, he will use Anger next turn and enter Phase 2.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
After using Anger, will use Execute immediately.
For the next two turns, selects random moves (same exact behavior as in Phase 1), then Executes again. Repeats this pattern (2 random moves, then Execute).
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 4+||Asc 9+||Asc 19+|
|Defensive Stance||Gains 15 Block and 5 Metallicize.||Gains 15 Block and 5 Metallicize.||Gains 18 Block and 6 Metallicize.||Gains 20 Block and 7 Metallicize.|
|Face Slap||Deals 12 damage, applying 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable.||Deals 14 damage, applying 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable.||Deals 14 damage, applying 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable.||Deals 14 damage, applying 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable.|
|Taunt||Applies 2 Weak and 2 Vulnerable.||Applies 2 Weak and 2 Vulnerable.||Applies 2 Weak and 2 Vulnerable.||Applies 2 Weak and 2 Vulnerable.|
|Heavy Slash||Deals 16 damage.||Deals 18 damage.||Deals 18 damage.||Deals 18 damage.|
|Gloat||Gains 2 Strength.||Gains 3 Strength.||Gains 3 Strength.||Gains 4 Strength.|
|Execute||Deals 10 x 2 damage.||Deals 10 x 2 damage.||Deals 10 x 2 damage.||Deals 10 x 2 damage.|
|Anger||Removes all debuffs, gains 6 Strength.||Removes all debuffs, gains 9 Strength.||Removes all debuffs, gains 9 Strength.||Removes all debuffs, gains 12 Strength.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
Once the Champ uses his Phase 2 attacks, his strength will be very high, making his attacks do significantly more damage. Combined with the Frail and Vulnerable debuffs, the fight can quickly become very dangerous. Execute is a deadly attack; it can end up dealing damage in the twenties 2 times.
Generally, you want to spend the first half of the fight setting up, and then you want to very quickly kill the Champ once his HP drops below half.
Taunt is used on turn 4. Both Anger and Execute (from Phase 2) will override Taunt, letting you avoid the weak if you get his health below half on turns 3 or 4. If you cannot burst this quickly (most decks cannot), avoid getting him angry on turns 5 and 6, as the weak effect makes it difficult for you burst properly through Phase 2, and likely means you will eat another Execute.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Champ is the owner of the Champion Belt, a Rare Relic for the Ironclad, and will recognize if you have it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Champ boss now recognizes if you have his belt.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- The Champ's sword attacks get VFX.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Updating SFX for Champ charging up.
- Updating SFX for Champ Slap.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Adding SFX for Champ's Slap.
- Champ gets a new SFX when charging up.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Ascension 19 Champ Strength buff nerfed 5 -> 4.
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Champ boss' Execute attack nerf: 7x3 -> 10x2.
- Champ boss' Slap attack buff: 10 -> 12 (Asc: 12 -> 14).
- Champ boss' Slash attack buff: 15 -> 16 (Asc: 16 -> 18).
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- Champ has less randomness in his AI after enraging. Will use Metallicize less.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: The Champ
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back
- Champ AI improvements. Minor heavy slash damage nerf. Should never gain Metallicize two turns in a row now.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Multiple small changes to the Level 2 Boss, Champ.
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- Time Eater and Champ now show which Powers get removed when they remove them.
|Monsters, Elites, and Bosses|