The Boot applies a minimum of 5 damage when any Attack card applies enough damage to bypass any block.
The effect applies only to damage dealt by Attack cards and not damage from other relics (Mercury Hourglass, Charon's Ashes) or powers/statuses which apply bonus damage (Fire Breathing, Poison).
- Riddle with HolesandPummel's damage are greatly increased, due to them being many small hits.
- Effective against enemies with innate damage reduction such as Byrd's Flight and Nemesis' Intangible, both of which The Boot will bypass.
- Decks which utilize multiple low damage 0 cost attack cards (Shivs, Go for the Eyes) can especially benefit.
- Any Strength gain mostly make The Boot redundant.
- Applying Vulnerable to the enemy also mostly redundant with The Boot.
The artwork for The Boot is a reference to Goomba's Shoe from the Mario Bros. franchise.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed Invincible power with interactions such as The Boot and Block.
- Weekly Patch 55: Blur
- Reaper card now heals the correct amount if the player has The Boot relic.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- Boot relic now triggers on 4 or less rather than 5, this caused it to flash when it did nothing.
- Weekly Patch 25: Building Blocks
- New common relic The Boot.