Spot Weakness is a Skill card for the Ironclad. It grants 3 Strength if the target of the Skill intends to attack this turn. As an Uncommon card, it appears as a reward for combat, although less often than Commons.
Upgrading Spot Weakness increases the Strength gain from 3 to 4.
Note that Spot Weakness can still target enemies that don't intend to attack - if played on an enemy with a different Intent, it will have no effect.
Spot Weakness will take effect if the selected enemy will attack and do something else, such as the Blue Slaver's Rake attack. It will also take effect if the enemy's attack will do zero damage.
- Spot Weakness becomes complex when combined with the Runic Dome. It takes effect as normal, even though the Intents are hidden. Savvy players can still use it effectively against enemies with deterministic attack patterns like the Hexaghost. Against non-deterministic enemies like Thieves, Spot Weakness provides information to guide the rest of the turn.
- The Strength gain from Spot Weakness is both repeatable and permanent, which makes it an excellent enabler for Limit Break.
- Spot Weakness is a strong utility card for defensive Block-heavy decks. It sets up future power turns while the player defends against the incoming attack.
- The card is more reliable than it initially appears, since most enemy turns are attacks. The times when it's inactive are also the turns that it's least useful - if the enemy doesn't intend to attack, the player can spend all their Energy on Attacks.
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- Spot Weakness rare crash fix.