Spheric Guardian is a Monster found in Levels 2 and 3 of the Spire. Its low HP of 20 is counteracted by its high amounts of Block, which it will continue to build up as the fight continues. In order to ensure its tankiness, it starts with Barricade as a buff and 3 charges of Artifact.
The Spheric Guardian is featured in the Melter card art.
Always starts with Activate, then uses Attack/Debuff. Afterwards, alternates between Slam and Harden every turn.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 2+||Asc 17+|
|Slam||Deal 10 x 2 damage.||Deal 11 x 2 damage.||Deal 11 x 2 damage.|
|Activate||Gain 25 Block.||Gain 25 Block.||Gain 35 Block.|
|Harden||Deal 10 damage, gain 15 Block.||Deal 11 damage, gain 15 Block.||Deal 11 damage, gain 15 Block.|
|Attack/Debuff||Deal 10 damage, apply 5 Frail.||Deal 11 damage, apply 5 Frail.||Deal 11 damage, apply 5 Frail.|
- Although the constant Blocking can make this enemy seem like an impenetrable wall, Poison can be used to ignore it and attack the HP directly, so long as all 3 charges of Artifact are cleared first.
- The Frail debuff this enemy applies can be very dangerous when combined with the large amounts of damage it can dish out. If you can apply debuffs fast enough, applying a Weak debuff or using a card such asDisarm can do a great deal to mitigate these attacks.
- If this enemy is accompanied by other enemies, it is usually worth killing the other enemies first. While the Spheric Guardian will continue to build Block, dealing with more than one attack while Frail can be overwhelming.
- If playing as the Defect, a very useful card in this fight isMelter, which will remove the enemy's Block and deal significant damage, almost effectively ending the fight.
- If playing as the Watcher,Judgment will instantly kill it.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Some minor fixes for Spheric Guardian audio. Removed some code for unused sounds.
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Spheric Guardian's heavy attack is now a multi-hit. 20 -> 10 x 2.
- Spheric Guardian gets new animations.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- 2 Shapes + Sphere combat, the enemies now attack left -> right.
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- Spheric Guardian no longer talks
- Spheric Guardian nerfed.