Shelled Parasite is a Monster fought in Act 2 of the Spire.

Pattern[edit | edit source]

On turn 1, Shelled Parasite has a 50% chance of using Suck and a 50% chance of using Double Strike.

Afterwards, has a 40% chance of using Double Strike, a 40% chance of using Suck, and a 20% chance of using Fell.

Cannot use Double Strike or Suck three times in a row, and cannot use Fell twice in a row.

It is stunned if its Icon PlatedArmor.png Plated Armor is reduced to zero, interrupting its current intent.

In Ascension 17+, Shelled Parasite always starts with Fell on turn 1.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Double Strike Intent - Aggressive - Sword.png Deals 6 x 2 damage. Deals 7 x 2 damage.
Suck Intent - Attack Buff.png Deals 10 damage, gains HP equal to unblocked damage dealt. Deals 12 damage, gains HP equal to unblocked damage dealt.
Fell Intent - Debuff - Saber.png Deals 18 damage and applies 2 Icon Frail.png Frail. Deals 21 damage and applies 2 Icon Frail.png Frail.

Strategy[edit | edit source]

Due to Shelled Parasite's ability, it may be a good idea to use a high damage attack first in the turn, then hit as many times as possible once the Icon Block.png Block is broken to lower its total stacks of Icon PlatedArmor.png Plated Armor. Doing so will make future attacks take more HP from Shelled Parasite.

Gallery[edit | edit source]

Update History[edit | edit source]

  • Patch V1.1: The Dealer
    • Improved lifesteal logic for Reaper and Shelled Parasite.
  • Weekly Patch 38: Bane
    • Parasite + Fungi Beast combat can actually be encountered now.
  • Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
    • New City Encounter - Shelled Parasite and Fungi Beast.
    • Shelled Parasite and Slaver combined combat has been removed from The City.
  • Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
    • Shelled Parasite now accounts for Buffer and Intangible with its life leech action.
  • Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
    • We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Shelled Parasite
  • Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
    • Slaver and Shelled Parasite combat in the city have their order swapped so the slaver will not apply Vulnerable before attacked by Parasite.
  • Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
    • Raising the Slaver's position a bit for Slaver + Parasite combat (power hidden by card).
  • Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
    • Shelled Parasite enemy buff.
Monsters, Elites, and Bosses
MonsterMapIcon.png

AcidSlimeIcon.jpgSpikeSlimeIcon.jpgCultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgLousesIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GremlinNobIcon.jpgLagavulinIcon.jpgSentriesIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

Guardian.jpgHexaghostAchievement.jpgSlimeBossAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

ByrdIcon.jpgChosenIcon.jpgMuggerIcon.jpgShelledParasiteIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpgCenturionMysticIcon.jpgSnakePlantIcon.jpgSneckoIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgSentrySoloIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

BookOfStabbingIcon.jpgGremlinLeaderIcon.jpgTaskmasterIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AutomatonAchievement.jpgChamp.jpgCollectorAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

DarklingIcon.jpgOrbWalkerIcon.jpgShapesIcon.jpgMawIcon.jpgSpireGrowthIcon.jpgTransientIcon.jpgWrithingMassIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GiantHeadIcon.jpgNemesisIcon.jpgReptomancerIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AwakenedOneAchievement.jpgDonuAndDecaIcon.jpgTimeEaterAchievement.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

SpireShieldIcon.jpgSpireSpearIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

CorruptHeartIcon.jpg

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.