Has a 50% chance of attacking and a 50% chance of using Buff every turn. Cannot use attack twice in a row.

Can only buff up to 6 times maximum per battle, leading it to only attack after the 6th buff.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Attack Intent 2
Deal 7 damage. Deal 9 damage.
Intent - Buff
Gains 2 Icon Thorns Thorns. Gains 2 Icon Thorns Thorns.


Explode: Dies and deals 30 damage on the 3rd turn.


Attacks twice, then prepares to explode.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Attack Attack Intent 2 Deal 9 damage. Deal 11 damage.
Explode Intent - Unknown Dies and deals 30 damage. Dies and deals 30 damage.



Has a 20% chance of attacking and an 80% chance of using Debuff every turn. Cannot attack twice in a row.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Attack Intent - Aggressive - Sword Deal 11 damage. Deal 13 damage.
Debuff Debuff1 Shuffles 2 Dazed
into the draw pile.
Shuffles 2 Dazed
into the draw pile.

Update History

  • Patch V1.1: The Dealer
    • Fixed enemies not applying powers if they died in the process (e.g. Thorns).
    • Fixed Rip and Tear, Sword Boomerang, and Thunder Strike continuing its hits over Thorns and Shifting powers.
  • Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
    • Fixed issue where stacked Thorns on Spiker enemies was not interacting correctly with relics and powers.
  • Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
    • The Mysterious Sphere event in Act 3 now uses the Double Orb Walker combat. (was 2 Shapes and Orb Walker)
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Ascension 17 Repulsors no longer put 3 dazes into your draw pile.
  • Weekly Patch 39: We Meet Again!
    • Asc 17 Exploder enemy no longer explodes a turn earlier.
  • Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
    • Spiker enemy was doing a Fire VFX with attacks, now doing a poke/slash.
  • Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
    • Thorns now correctly works when killing the spiker as the last enemy in fast mode.
  • Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
    • Exploder now explodes on its turn, so Poison will trigger before its explosion.
  • Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
    • Fixed issue where Specimen triggering + Exploder Explosion caused a crash.
    • Exploder no longer gains Block so it is easier to kill.
    • Exploder's intent now telegraphs the explosion.
    • Exploder's explosion no longer ignores block.
  • Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
    • Exploder enemy rework. They now explode in 3 turns, deals more damage, and has less HP.
  • Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
    • If damage type is thorns, then the damage is dealt even if the owner is dead (Spiker/Guardian).
  • Weekly Patch 9: Ascension
    • Fixed bug where Centennial Puzzle doesn't trigger off of enemy thorns.
  • Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
    • Reaper now heals as part of the attack now, not after (you heal before thorns hit you).
    • Runic Cube now triggers off of Thorns as intended.
  • Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
    • 2 Shapes + Sphere combat, the enemies now attack left -> right.
    • Repulsor enemy reworked.
    • Thorns power now triggers on-damage effects.
  • Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
    • New strong encounter in the Beyond: 2 shapes and a sphere.
    • Plated Armor no longer decrements from non-attack damage (like thorns).
  • Day 1 Patch
    • If you fight the Ancient Shapes on level 3, you can't fight them again the subsequent combat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.