Spiker[edit | edit source]

Thorns X: When this receives Attack damage, deal X damage to the attacker.

Pattern[edit | edit source]

Has a 50% chance of using Cut and a 50% chance of using Spike every turn. Cannot use Cut twice in a row.

Can use Spike up to 6 times maximum per battle.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Cut Attack Intent 2.png Deal 7 damage. Deal 9 damage.
Spike Intent - Buff.png Gains 2 Icon Thorns.png Thorns. Gains 2 Icon Thorns.png Thorns.

Exploder[edit | edit source]

Explode X: Dies and deals 30 damage in X turns.

Pattern[edit | edit source]

Uses Slam twice, then uses Explode.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Slam Attack Intent 2.png Deal 9 damage. Deal 11 damage.
Explode Intent - Unknown.png Dies and deals 30 damage. Dies and deals 30 damage.

Repulsor[edit | edit source]


Pattern[edit | edit source]

Has a 20% chance of using Bash and an 80% chance of using Repulse every turn. Cannot use Bash twice in a row.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+
Bash Intent - Aggressive - Sword.png Deal 11 damage. Deal 13 damage.
Repulse Debuff1.png Shuffles 2 Dazed into the draw pile. Shuffles 2 Dazed into the draw pile.

Update History[edit | edit source]

  • Patch V1.1: The Dealer
    • Fixed enemies not applying powers if they died in the process (e.g. Thorns).
    • Fixed Rip and Tear, Sword Boomerang, and Thunder Strike continuing its hits over Thorns and Shifting powers.
  • Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
    • Fixed issue where stacked Thorns on Spiker enemies was not interacting correctly with relics and powers.
  • Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
    • The Mysterious Sphere event in Act 3 now uses the Double Orb Walker combat. (was 2 Shapes and Orb Walker)
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Ascension 17 Repulsors no longer put 3 dazes into your draw pile.
  • Weekly Patch 39: We Meet Again!
    • Asc 17 Exploder enemy no longer explodes a turn earlier.
  • Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
    • Spiker enemy was doing a Fire VFX with attacks, now doing a poke/slash.
  • Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
    • Thorns now correctly works when killing the spiker as the last enemy in fast mode.
  • Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
    • Exploder now explodes on its turn, so Poison will trigger before its explosion.
  • Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
    • Fixed issue where Specimen triggering + Exploder Explosion caused a crash.
    • Exploder no longer gains Block so it is easier to kill.
    • Exploder's intent now telegraphs the explosion.
    • Exploder's explosion no longer ignores block.
  • Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
    • Exploder enemy rework. They now explode in 3 turns, deals more damage, and has less HP.
  • Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
    • If damage type is thorns, then the damage is dealt even if the owner is dead (Spiker/Guardian).
  • Weekly Patch 9: Ascension
    • Fixed bug where Centennial Puzzle doesn't trigger off of enemy thorns.
  • Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
    • Reaper now heals as part of the attack now, not after (you heal before thorns hit you).
    • Runic Cube now triggers off of Thorns as intended.
  • Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
    • 2 Shapes + Sphere combat, the enemies now attack left -> right.
    • Repulsor enemy reworked.
    • Thorns power now triggers on-damage effects.
  • Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
    • New strong encounter in the Beyond: 2 shapes and a sphere.
    • Plated Armor no longer decrements from non-attack damage (like thorns).
  • Day 1 Patch
    • If you fight the Ancient Shapes on level 3, you can't fight them again the subsequent combat.
Monsters, Elites, and Bosses
MonsterMapIcon.png

AcidSlimeIcon.jpgSpikeSlimeIcon.jpgCultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgLousesIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GremlinNobIcon.jpgLagavulinIcon.jpgSentriesIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

Guardian.jpgHexaghostAchievement.jpgSlimeBossAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

ByrdIcon.jpgChosenIcon.jpgMuggerIcon.jpgShelledParasiteIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpgCenturionMysticIcon.jpgSnakePlantIcon.jpgSneckoIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgSentrySoloIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

BookOfStabbingIcon.jpgGremlinLeaderIcon.jpgTaskmasterIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AutomatonAchievement.jpgChamp.jpgCollectorAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

DarklingIcon.jpgOrbWalkerIcon.jpgShapesIcon.jpgMawIcon.jpgSpireGrowthIcon.jpgTransientIcon.jpgWrithingMassIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GiantHeadIcon.jpgNemesisIcon.jpgReptomancerIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AwakenedOneAchievement.jpgDonuAndDecaIcon.jpgTimeEaterAchievement.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

SpireShieldIcon.jpgSpireSpearIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

CorruptHeartIcon.jpg

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.