Has a 50% chance of attacking and a 50% chance of using Buff every turn. Cannot use attack twice in a row.
Can only buff up to 6 times maximum per battle, leading it to only attack after the 6th buff.
|Attack||Deal 7 damage.||Deal 9 damage.|
|Buff||Gains 2 Thorns.||Gains 2 Thorns.|
Explode: Dies and deals 30 damage on the 3rd turn.
Attacks twice, then prepares to explode.
|Attack||Deal 9 damage.||Deal 11 damage.|
|Explode||Dies and deals 30 damage.||Dies and deals 30 damage.|
Has a 20% chance of attacking and an 80% chance of using Debuff every turn. Cannot attack twice in a row.
|Attack||Deal 11 damage.||Deal 13 damage.|
|Debuff||Shuffles 2 Dazed into the draw pile.||Shuffles 2 Dazed into the draw pile.|
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed enemies not applying powers if they died in the process (e.g. Thorns).
- Fixed Rip and Tear, Sword Boomerang, and Thunder Strike continuing its hits over Thorns and Shifting powers.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Fixed issue where stacked Thorns on Spiker enemies was not interacting correctly with relics and powers.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- The Mysterious Sphere event in Act 3 now uses the Double Orb Walker combat. (was 2 Shapes and Orb Walker)
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Ascension 17 Repulsors no longer put 3 dazes into your draw pile.
- Weekly Patch 39: We Meet Again!
- Asc 17 Exploder enemy no longer explodes a turn earlier.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Spiker enemy was doing a Fire VFX with attacks, now doing a poke/slash.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Thorns now correctly works when killing the spiker as the last enemy in fast mode.
- Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
- Exploder now explodes on its turn, so Poison will trigger before its explosion.
- Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
- Fixed issue where Specimen triggering + Exploder Explosion caused a crash.
- Exploder no longer gains Block so it is easier to kill.
- Exploder's intent now telegraphs the explosion.
- Exploder's explosion no longer ignores block.
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- Exploder enemy rework. They now explode in 3 turns, deals more damage, and has less HP.
- Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
- If damage type is thorns, then the damage is dealt even if the owner is dead (Spiker/Guardian).
- Weekly Patch 9: Ascension
- Fixed bug where Centennial Puzzle doesn't trigger off of enemy thorns.
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Reaper now heals as part of the attack now, not after (you heal before thorns hit you).
- Runic Cube now triggers off of Thorns as intended.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- 2 Shapes + Sphere combat, the enemies now attack left -> right.
- Repulsor enemy reworked.
- Thorns power now triggers on-damage effects.
- Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
- New strong encounter in the Beyond: 2 shapes and a sphere.
- Plated Armor no longer decrements from non-attack damage (like thorns).
- Day 1 Patch
- If you fight the Ancient Shapes on level 3, you can't fight them again the subsequent combat.