The Sentry is a Monster found on the first act of the Spire with two companion Sentries as an Elite encounter, and found on the second act in a normal encounter with a Spheric Guardian. Its moderate damage and aggressive Status-flooding make them dangerous in a group of 3 on the first level.
When encountered in three as an Elite, 1st and 3rd sentries will always start with Bolt while the 2nd sentry will always start with Beam. Afterwards, all sentries will keep alternating between their two moves.
When encountered with the Spheric Guardian, always starts with Bolt and then alternates between its two moves every turn afterwards.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 3+||Asc 18+|
|Beam||Deal 9 damage.||Deal 10 damage.||Deal 10 damage.|
|Bolt||Shuffles 2 Dazed into the discard pile.||Shuffles 2 Dazed into the discard pile.||Shuffles 3 Dazed into the discard pile.|
- It is usually a good idea to kill the front or back sentry, to ensure that you never need to block for more than one sentry's damage.
- The easiest time against the 3x Sentry elite fight will be in the beginning, before the Discard pile is ever shuffled into the deck. Larger decks may end up drawing more useful cards than Dazed, but will also take longer to draw (and so Exhaust) the Statuses.
- Attacks that target more than one enemy, such as Whirlwind or Dagger Spray, are very effective against this elite encounter.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Sentry elite enemies attack and debuff faster in Fast Mode now.
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Elite Sentry enemies buff: Damage +1. Hp increased by about 3.
- Weekly Patch 11: A Library of Features
- Updated animations for Sentry enemy.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Hotfix: Sentry/Darkling anti attack-at-once wasn't working. Fixed
- In the 3 x Sentry elite combat, all of the sentries will no longer attack at once.
- Weekly Patch 9: Ascension
- Sentry HP ranges updated to be wider (36 - 40) -> (35 - 41).
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- Sentry enemy now gives you 2x Dazed instead of Wounds.
- Sentry enemy's max HP is raised by 2 (to compensate).