Metroid Dread - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Scrape is an Attack card for The Defect that combines solid damage with a powerful card-draw effect. As an uncommon card, Scrape can be acquired as a battle reward card or purchased from the Merchant.
- Scrape is a critical piece of The Defect's 0-cost archetype, drawing into your key cards while dealing relevant damage. Some zero-cost synergies include:
- Claw, Beam Cell, upgraded Dualcast, and double-discounted Streamline to stack up massive damage.
- Go for the Eyes and fully-discounted Force Field for combined attack and defense.
- FTL, Steam Barrier, TURBO, Finesse, Flash of Steel, and Double Energy generate "real" card draw and surplus Energy.
- Be careful when using this with a 0-energy build featuring All for One, as scrape can sometimes discard All For One.
- Hologram enables The Defect to recover useful, but non-0-cost cards from the discard pile.
- Note that Curses, Statuses, and X-cost cards like Tempest do not cost 0, and will be discarded by Scrape.
- When The Defect is Confused, cards whose costs are reduced to 0 will not be discarded, while cards whose costs are increased above 0 will be discarded.
- Because Scrape draws through your deck faster, it allows you to shuffle more often. This can be used to enable effects like Sundial.
- Scrape's effect is much stronger than it initially appears. You can immediately play every card you draw, even if you played Scrape with your final Energy.
- You don't even need many 0-cost cards to get value from Scrape - upgrading your starting Zap and Dualcast reduces their costs to 0, and even two Claws can become exceptionally powerful during a long game.
- Be sure to check upgrades while building around Scrape. Many of The Defect's cards drop to 0 cost when upgraded.
- Scrape is one of the few Attacks that can actually draw cards. This makes it useful against Chosen, Gremlin Nob, and other enemies that punish non-Attack cards.
- Be careful not to inadvertently draw Dazed and Clumsy with Scrape - they will be discarded instead of Exhausted.
- When you have eight or fewer cards in your deck, check your decklist before playing Scrape. If your remaining cards aren't particularly powerful, you may want to deliberately discard them so you'll reshuffle next turn.
- Patch V2.2: Happy Holidays!
- Scrape card draws 3 -> 4 cards.
- Scrape+ card buffed. Damage increased from 9 -> 10.
- Scrape+ card draws 4 -> 5 cards.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- Scrape card gets VFX.
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Scrape and All For One cards now correctly work with cards that set cost to 0 until played.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- This week adds the long anticipated third character into the game!
- A new character with unique mechanics, keywords, and art.
- Content: 75 Cards.