Reptomancer is an elite encounter fought in Act 3. Its ability to summon Daggers quickly (especially on high Ascension levels) make it a formidable opponent. Attacks that affect more than one enemy are key to defeating the Reptomancer.
2+- 33% chance to use any of her 3 moves. If more than 2 Daggers are present, 67% chance of using Snake Strike and 33% chance of using Big Bite.
- Cannot use Snake Strike twice in a row, cannot use Big Bite twice in a row, and cannot use Summon 3 times in a row.
- Maximum of 4 Daggers.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 3+||Asc 18+|
|Summon||Summons a Dagger.||Summons a Dagger.||Summons 2 Daggers.|
|Snake Strike||Deals 13 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.||Deals 16 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.||Deals 16 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.|
|Big Bite||Deals 30 damage.||Deals 34 damage.||Deals 34 damage.|
Dagger is not buffed at all in any Ascension stages.
|Stab||Deal 9 damage and shuffle 1 Wound into the discard pile.|
|Explode||Deal 25 damage. Dagger instantly dies after this attack.|
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed enemy order issues in Slime Boss, Gremlin Leader, and Reptomancer encounters.
- Fixed Reptomancer not triggering some important logic after death.
- Reptomancer no longer creates daggers with more HP than intended.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- Removed flame VFX that appeared when Reptomancer was defeated.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Reptomancer's Daggers and Philosopher's Stone relic now correctly interact.
- Weekly Patch 49: The Designer
- Reptomancer enemy was receiving the Ascension 18 boost at Ascension 17.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Reptomancer has been buffed and designated as an elite monster.
- The elite encounter featuring 2 orb walkers have been removed from the elite pool and are the new guards for an Act 3 event.
- Reptomancer and her daggers receives various buffs and is now an Elite encounter.
- Reptomancer's heal move is replaced by a high damage attack.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Reptomancer enemy was sometimes not spawning new daggers.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Reptomancer enemy is now only in the strong enemy pool instead of being in the weak and strong pools for ACT 3.
- Reptomancer combat will now start to correctly show up as Reptomancer instead of Flame Bruiser in the run history screen for new runs.
- Spawned Daggers from Reptomancer will now correctly work with Philosopher's Stone, and mods like Lethality.
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Reptomancer enemy is now affected by Ascension 2 and Ascension 7.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Reptomancer enemy now gives Weak instead of Vulnerable.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Adding enemy Reptomancer.