The Reptomancer is an elite encounter fought in Act 3. Her ability to summon Daggers quickly, especially on high Ascension levels, makes her a formidable opponent. Cards that affect more than one enemy, such as Die Die Die and Cleave, are key to defeating the Reptomancer.
Always uses Summon on the first turn.
After the first turn, has a 33% chance to use any of her 3 moves. If more than 2 Daggers are present, 67% chance of using Snake Strike and 33% chance of using Big Bite.
- Cannot use Snake Strike twice in a row, cannot use Big Bite twice in a row, and cannot use Summon 3 times in a row.
- Maximum of 4 Daggers.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 3+||Asc 18+|
|Summon||Summons a Dagger.||Summons a Dagger.||Summons 2 Daggers.|
|Snake Strike||Deals 13 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.||Deals 16 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.||Deals 16 x 2 damage and applies 1 Weak.|
|Big Bite||Deals 30 damage.||Deals 34 damage.||Deals 34 damage.|
A minion spawned by the Reptomancer.
Uses Stab as its first move. Uses Explode as its second move.
Dagger is not buffed at all in any Ascension stages.
|Stab||Deal 9 damage and shuffle 1 Wound into the discard pile.|
|Explode||Deal 25 damage. Dagger instantly dies after this attack.|
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed enemy order issues in Slime Boss, Gremlin Leader, and Reptomancer encounters.
- Fixed Reptomancer not triggering some important logic after death.
- Reptomancer no longer creates daggers with more HP than intended.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- Removed flame VFX that appeared when Reptomancer was defeated.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Reptomancer's Daggers and Philosopher's Stone relic now correctly interact.
- Weekly Patch 49: The Designer
- Reptomancer enemy was receiving the Ascension 18 boost at Ascension 17.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Reptomancer has been buffed and designated as an elite monster.
- The elite encounter featuring 2 orb walkers have been removed from the elite pool and are the new guards for an Act 3 event.
- Reptomancer and her daggers receives various buffs and is now an Elite encounter.
- Reptomancer's heal move is replaced by a high damage attack.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Reptomancer enemy was sometimes not spawning new daggers.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Reptomancer enemy is now only in the strong enemy pool instead of being in the weak and strong pools for ACT 3.
- Reptomancer combat will now start to correctly show up as Reptomancer instead of Flame Bruiser in the run history screen for new runs.
- Spawned Daggers from Reptomancer will now correctly work with Philosopher's Stone, and mods like Lethality.
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Reptomancer enemy is now affected by Ascension 2 and Ascension 7.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Reptomancer enemy now gives Weak instead of Vulnerable.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Adding enemy Reptomancer.
|Monsters, Elites, and Bosses|