Potions are one-time-use items that can only be used in combat with the exception of Fruit Juice, Entropic Brew, and Blood Potion, which can be used in most scenarios. The player can typically hold up to 3 of them, or 2 on ascension levels 11 and higher. Potion Belt increases the number of potion you can hold by 2, which mean you can hold up to 5 potions with it, or 4 on ascension levels 11 and higher.
Using a potion does not require Energy.
When a potion is offered to you, the rarity chances are:
- 65% for a Common potion.
- 25% for an Uncommon potion.
- 10% for a Rare potion.
Obtaining Potions[edit | edit source]
- Potions are occasionally dropped as a reward after combat. The default chance of a potion dropping is 40% and resets at the start of each Act. If a potion drops, the chance decreases by 10%. If a potion doesn't drop, the chance increases by 10%.
- With White Beast Statue, a potion will always drop after combat.
- Bought at Merchant's Shop
- If you reached the boss of the first Act, Neow may offer you 3 potions.
- Some Events offers potions.
- Using the card Alchemize creates 1 random potion
- Obtaining Cauldron offers you 5 random potions.
- Obtaining Tiny House offers you 1 random potion.
- Entropic Brew fills all your empty potion slots, including its slot, with random potions.
- Obtaining Sozu prohibits you from obtaining any more potions. However, you are still able to use potions you already have on you.
Other Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Some Events may ask you for a potion in exchange for a reward.
- Toy Ornithopter heals 5 HP whenever you use a potion.
- Sacred Bark doubles the effectiveness of potions except:
List of Potions[edit | edit source]
Values in parentheses are for when you have Sacred Bark.
|Ambrosia||Rare (Watcher only)||Enter Divinity Stance.|
|Ancient Potion||Uncommon||Gain 1 (2) Artifact.|
|Attack Potion||Common||Add (2 copies of) 1 of 3 random Attack cards to your hand, it costs 0 this turn.|
|Blessing of the Forge||Common||Upgrade all cards in your hand for the rest of combat.|
|Block Potion||Common||Gain 12 (24) Block.|
|Blood Potion||Common (Ironclad only)||Heal for 20% (40%) of your Max HP.|
|Bottled Miracle||Common (Watcher only)||Add 2 (4) Miracles to your hand.|
|Colorless Potion||Common||Choose 1 of 3 random Colorless cards to add (2 copies of it) to your hand, it costs 0 this turn.|
|Cultist Potion||Rare||Gain 1 (2) Ritual.|
|Cunning Potion||Uncommon (Silent only)||Add 3 (6) Upgraded Shivs to your hand.|
|Dexterity Potion||Common||Gain 2 (4) Dexterity.|
|Distilled Chaos||Uncommon||Play the top 3 (6) cards of your draw pile.|
|Duplication Potion||Uncommon||This turn, your next card (next 2 cards) is played twice.|
|Elixir||Uncommon (Ironclad only)||Exhaust any number of cards in your hand.|
|Energy Potion||Common||Gain 2 (4) Energy.|
|Entropic Brew||Rare||Fill all your empty potion slots with random potions.|
|Essence of Darkness||Rare (Defect only)||Channel 1 (2) Dark for each orb slot.|
|Essence of Steel||Uncommon||Gain 4 (8) Plated Armor.|
|Explosive Potion||Common||Deal 10 (20) Damage to all enemies.|
|Fairy in a Bottle||Rare||When you would die, heal to 30% (60%) of your Max HP instead and discard this potion.|
|Fear Potion||Common||Apply 3 (6) Vulnerable.|
|Fire Potion||Common||Deal 20 (40) Damage to target enemy.|
|Focus Potion||Common (Defect only)||Gain 2 (4) Focus.|
|Fruit Juice||Rare||Gain 5 (10) Max HP.|
|Gambler's Brew||Uncommon||Discard any number of cards, then draw that many.|
|Ghost In A Jar||Rare (Silent only)||Gain 1 (2) Intangible.|
|Heart of Iron||Rare (Ironclad only)||Gain 6 (12) Metallicize.|
|Liquid Bronze||Uncommon||Gain 3 (6) Thorns.|
|Liquid Memories||Uncommon||Choose a card (2 cards) in your discard pile and return it (them) to your hand. It costs (They cost) 0 this turn.|
|Poison Potion||Common (Silent only)||Apply 6 (12) Poison to target enemy.|
|Potion of Capacity||Uncommon (Defect only)||Gain 2 (4) Orb slots.|
|Power Potion||Common||Add (2 copies of) 1 of 3 random Power cards to your hand, it costs 0 this turn.|
|Regen Potion||Uncommon||Gain 5 (10) Regeneration.|
|Skill Potion||Common||Add (2 copies of) 1 of 3 random Skill cards to your hand, it costs 0 this turn.|
|Smoke Bomb||Rare||Escape from a non-boss combat. Receive no rewards.|
|Snecko Oil||Rare||Draw 5 (10) cards. Randomize the costs of all cards in your hand for the rest of the combat.|
|Speed Potion||Common||Gain 5 (10) Dexterity. At the end of your turn, lose 5 (10) Dexterity.|
|Stance Potion||Uncommon (Watcher only)||Enter Calm or Wrath.|
|Flex Potion||Common||Gain 5 (10) Strength. At the end of your turn, lose 5 (10) Strength.|
|Strength Potion||Common||Gain 2 (4) Strength.|
|Swift Potion||Common||Draw 3 (6) cards.|
|Weak Potion||Common||Apply 3 (6) Weak.|
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Ironclad only, Uncommon Potion: Elixir
- Ironclad only, Rare Potion: Heart of Iron
- Silent only, Uncommon Potion: Cunning Potion
- Defect only, Uncommon Potion: Potion of Capacity
- Defect only, Rare Potion: Essence of Darkness
- Watcher only, Common Potion: Bottled Miracle
- Watcher only, Uncommon Potion: Stance Potion
- Watcher only, Rare Potion: Ambrosia
- Common Potion: Blessing of the Forge
- Common Potion: Colorless Potion
- Uncommon Potion: Distilled Chaos
- Uncommon Potion: Duplication Potion
- Uncommon Potion: Liquid Memories
- Rare Potion: Cultist Potion
- Common potion droprate decreased from 70% -> 65%.
- Rare potion droprate increased from 5% -> 10%.
- Snecko Oil reworked.
- Blood Potion healing buffed from 10% -> 20%.
- Blood Potion rarity changed from Uncommon -> Common.
- Fairy in a Bottle healing buffed from 10% -> 30% HP.
- Focus Potion rarity changed from Uncommon -> Common.
- Ghost in a Jar rarity changed from Uncommon -> Rare.
- Poison Potion is now Silent only.
- Cards/powers/potions that generate now just describe them with a + in their name.
- Several potions now have updated potion bottle assets.
- Some potions are rainbow colored now. It's groovy.
- Uncommon potions now have small circle particle effects.
- Rare potions now have gold sparkly visual effects.
- Wording updated for several relics, cards, potions, and powers to improve clarity.
- Entropic Brew can now be used outside of combat.
- Fixed Entropic Brew filling potions slots with Sozu.
- Fixed Mayhem, Havoc, Distilled Chaos, and Omniscience sometimes not playing cards if original target is dead.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- While the potion popup is open, the potion's tip is now displayed.
- Blood Potion buffed to heal 10% -> 25%.
- Potion menu is way bigger now (easier to click on for mouse/touchscreen).
- Top panel gold icon, health icon, potion slots, and modifiers now scale up when hovered.
- Fixing some grammar and typos in Potion popup text.
- Tips for potions now show up when hovered in Reward screens and Shops (not just in the Potion panel after acquisition).
- Fixed issue where up/down on controller in potion drink/discard also navigated to monsters/cards during combat.
- Knowing Skull event can no longer give you a potion if you have the Sozu relic.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- Fixed issue where Blood Potion wouldn't heal the player if used immediately after combat.
- Fixed issue where Entropic Brew did not give players potions if used post-combat.
- Fixed issue where potion seeds weren't persistent on save/load.
- Fixed issue where Toy Ornithopter relic wouldn't trigger outside of combat.
- Weekly Patch 52: Release Date Price Increase
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Muzzle blight was applying twice to Lizard Tail and Fairy in a Bottle.
- Throwing a Smoke Bomb at the Final Act boss no longer crashes the game.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Adding card, potion, relic, and heart icons that can appear in tips now. Used on Run History screen.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Removed two outdated tips about potions.
- Weekly Patch 39: We Meet Again!
- Potion throw targeting is no longer cancelled via click (you can still drag away or right click to cancel).
- Weekly Patch 38: Bane
- We Meet Again! event no longer allows the player to drink or discard the potion.
- You can now drink Fruit Juice in more locations. ( FRUIT JUICE REVOLUTION)
- Weekly Patch 37: Darkness
- Neow's Potion option now opens a reward screen with three potions.
- Weekly Patch 36: Power Through
- Fixed bug where We Meet Again! potion removal didn't apply for the left most slot.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Attack Potion, Skill Potion, and Power Potion now allow you to choose 1 of 3 cards (buff).
- Updated Smoke Bomb's use text from Drink -> Throw.
- Fixed issue where potion targeting failed if the left most enemy was dead (controller only)
- Smoke Bomb now disables the end turn button so that enemies cannot attack you as you flee.
- Smoke Bomb no longer trigger Come at Me achievement.
- Weekly Patch 34: Malaise
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- Fixed Fairy in a Bottle and Lizard Tail not triggering with Muzzle blight.
- Weekly Patch 29: TURBO
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Ascension 11 modifier changed. Instead of weakening potions, the player starts with 1 less potion slot.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- This week adds the long anticipated third character into the game!
- New Uncommon Potion: Focus Potion (Defect Only)
- Weekly Patch 26: Controller Support Testing
- Entropic Brew now works properly with Potion Belt as intended.
- Weekly Patch 25: Building Blocks
- Regen Potion gets an overhaul. It now acts like Poison, but heals.
- Fruit Juice can now be used outside of combat.
- Fruit Juice will no longer spawn from Alchemize.
- Entropic Brew can no longer spawn Fruit Juice.
- Entropic Brew now spawns potions similarly to Alchemize now (considers rarity).
- Entropic Brew now always gives you potions equal to your potion slot count.
- Smoke Bomb can no longer be incorrectly used outside of combat. (Can still be discarded)
- Snecko Oil wording fix for high ascension levels.
- Gambler's Brew gets an updated color/shape.
- Dexterity Potion shape updated to match Strength Potion.
- Weekly Patch 24: Potions?!
- 16 new potions were added and there are now different rarities for potions! We still have a few more goodies coming for potions in a later patch.
- New Daily Mod: Brewmaster
- Potion prices are now based on rarity (Common: 50, Uncommon: 75, Rare: 100)
- Potions can now be character specific.
- Potions now have rarity: Common, Uncommon, and Rare.
- New Common Potion: Attack Potion.
- New Common Potion: Fear Potion.
- New Common Potion: Power Potion.
- New Common Potion: Skill Potion.
- New Common Potion: Speed Potion.
- New Common Potion: Steroid Potion.
- New Rare Potion: Entropic Brew.
- New Rare Potion: Fairy in a Bottle.
- New Rare Potion: Fruit Juice.
- New Rare Potion: Smoke Bomb.
- New Rare Potion: Snecko Oil.
- New Uncommon Potion: Blood Potion (Ironclad Only.)
- New Uncommon Potion: Essence of Steel.
- New Uncommon Potion: Gambler's Brew.
- New Uncommon Potion: Ghost in a Jar (Silent Only.)
- New Uncommon Potion: Liquid Bronze.
- Lowered Potion positions by 2px from top.
- Updated coloring and image for many potions.
- You can now discard potions during combat.
- All potions that were in the game before this patch are Common.
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
- Weekly Patch 11: A Library of Features
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Elixir potion buff: Now also affects .
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- New Potion, Elixir.
- Potions now save using their ID rather than their NAME (wasn't loading in other languages).
- You can no longer open the potions dropdown if you're holding a card.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!