Normality is a Curse that prevents you from playing any cards after your third card resolves. It can be obtained any time a random Curse is applied, and by selecting the "I am Wealthy" option in the Mind Bloom Event.
Normality is one of the nastiest Curses, capable of neutering nearly any deck. Consider that the powerful Velvet Choker is often unplayable, and it allows you to play twice as many cards!
If you have this Curse, removing it is a top priority. It's far more difficult to play around than other Curses.
If you draw Normality after playing 3 or more cards, it immediately takes effect.
When dealing with Normality, try to use X-cost cards and big effects to maximize the value of your three plays.
Card copies created by Echo Form and similar effects count as plays, making them risky.
After playing three cards, you won't be able to use Blue Candle to Exhaust Normality, so sequence your plays carefully.
Drawing Normality when you have the Runic Pyramid is effectively a death sentence. If you're unlucky enough to have both, avoid combat until you can lift the Curse.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed exploit of playing Normality while already having played 3+ cards.
- Fixed Normality card not stopping cards affected by Setup and Forethought.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Normality card's reminder text no longer uses incorrect wording.
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Clarification for Normality. Per turn -> This turn.