The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Necronomicurse is received when you get the Necronomicon from the Cursed Tome event. This curse cannot be removed from your deck by any means. When it is exhausted, Necronomicon will flash and put another one in your hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Necronomicurse counts for Du-Vu Doll.
- Omamori will negate the Necronomicurse entirely, but only if Omamori is acquired first.
- If the Necronomicurse is played with Blue Candle, it will be returned to your hand after being exhausted; while this means you can't escape the Necronomicurse, you can play it as this way as many times as you want, and that interaction can be exploited in a number of ways.
- It allows you to take arbitrary amounts of damage in one-damage increments, triggering useful on-damage effects like Rupture or Blood for Blood.
- Alternatively, the Tungsten Rod negates the HP loss, allowing you to keep playing the Curse for free.
- Each play still counts as an exhaust, so it will trigger on-exhaust effects like Dead Branch, Dark Embrace, and Charon's Ashes.
- Each one counts as a card played, so it can trigger things like Panache or A Thousand Cuts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Necronomicon is a reference to Spelunky's Book of the Dead, which is a reference to Evil Dead's Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, which is a reference to the Necronomicon in Lovecraft mythos.
- Despite Necronomicon's description, Necronomicurse is scripted to have its existence tied with Necronomicon. Should Necronomicon be removed by any means (possibly via N'loth), Necronomicurse will be removed from the deck as well.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- Necronomicurse no longer shows up on card removal screens (since it cannot be removed).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.