Meteor Strike is an Attack card for The Defect that deals a huge amount of damage, channels a lot of Plasma Orbs, and has a notoriously restrictive Energy cost.
Upgrading Meteor Strike increases its damage from 24 to 30.
- Meteor Strike requires The Defect to generate two extra Energy just to play it! The payoff is worth the effort - big damage, three Evokes, and six Energy to play with the following turn.
- Taking Meteor Strike without high-powered Energy generation is extremely risky. Instead, gather up Fusion, Aggregate, Double Energy, and Energy-generating Boss Relics like Cursed Key and then find the Meteor Strike.
- Since Meteor Strike provides no defense, expect to take some damage the first time it's played. Subsequent plays will actually generate Energy, since remaining Plasma Orbs will probably be Evoked.
- Plasma Orbs consistently generate Energy turn after turn, so Meteor Strike stabilizes a single-turn Energy boost like Double Energy into an Energy advantage that can last through the rest of the game.
- Meteor Strike obviously requires Energy generation. Relics are best, but in practice, a combination of Relics and Skills will probably be necessary. TURBO is actually a good choice, as the Plasma Orbs offset Void's Energy loss.
- Subsequent Meteor Strikes will likely Evoke some Plasma Orbs and refund their own costs. Add Skim and Machine Learning to keep the combo going.
- Playing Meteor Strike with an active Echo Form is frankly ridiculous.
- One of Meteor Strike's strongest synergies is Tempest. Tempest Evokes the Plasma orbs, enabling a 12-Energy turn. Meteor Strike then Evokes the Lightning Orbs, dealing 45 total damage and restoring the Plasma.
- Snecko Eye can reduce Meteor Strike's cost enough to play without Energy generation. Snecko Eye will also never raise its cost, making the combo pure upside.
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Fixed issue where Strike (blue), Thunder Strike, and Meteor Strike weren't used by Perfected Strike.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- This week adds the long anticipated third character into the game!
- A new character with unique mechanics, keywords, and art.
- Content: 75 Cards.
|Attacks||All for One • Ball Lightning • Barrage • Beam Cell • Blizzard • Bullseye • Claw • Cold Snap • Compile Driver • Core Surge • Doom and Gloom • FTL • Go for the Eyes • Hyperbeam • Melter • Meteor Strike • Rebound • Rip and Tear • Scrape • Streamline • Strike (Defect) • Sunder • Sweeping Beam • Thunder Strike|
|Skills||Aggregate • Amplify • Auto-Shields • Boot Sequence • Chaos • Charge Battery • Chill • Consume • Coolheaded • Darkness • Defend (Defect) • Double Energy • Dualcast • Equilibrium • Fission • Force Field • Fusion • Genetic Algorithm • Glacier • Hologram • Leap • Multi-Cast • Overclock • Rainbow • Reboot • Recursion • Recycle • Reinforced Body • Reprogram • Seek • Skim • Stack • Steam Barrier • TURBO • Tempest • White Noise • Zap|
|Powers||Biased Cognition • Buffer • Capacitor • Creative AI • Defragment • Echo Form • Electrodynamics • Heatsinks • Hello World • Loop • Machine Learning • Self Repair • Static Discharge • Storm|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.