The Shop is one of the Map Locations, and it is the primary way for the player to spend their Gold.
Wares for Sale
On Ascension level 16 and higher, shop prices will be increased by 10%.
5 Colored cards (Class-specific)
- There will always be 2 Attack cards, 2 Skill cards, and 1 Power card.
- Price Range:
- Common: 45 - 55 Gold.
- Uncommon: 68 - 82 Gold.
- Rare: 135 - 165 Gold.
- One of the cards will always be On Sale, reducing its cost by 50%.
- There will always be an uncommon Colorless card on the left, and a rare one on the right.
- Price Range:
- Uncommon: 81 - 99 Gold.
- Rare: 162 - 198 Gold.
- The Relic on the right will always be a Shop Relic. This is the only source of Shop Relics.
- Price Range:
- Common: 143 - 157 Gold.
- Uncommon: 238 - 262 Gold.
- Rare: 285 - 315 Gold.
- Shop: 143 - 157 Gold.
- Price Range:
- Common: 48 - 52 Gold.
- Uncommon: 72 - 78 Gold.
- Rare: 95 - 105 Gold.
Card Removal Service
- Can only be used once per Merchant.
- Costs 75 gold initially, increases cost by 25 gold every time it is used.
- The Courier: When you buy a Card, Relic, or Potion, it is replaced by a random item of the same type. In addition, all items have a 20% discount. This stacks with Membership Card.
- The Colorless cards may be replaced by a colorless card of a different rarity, however, and the Shop Relic will be replaced by a Common, Uncommon, or Rare relic.
- Membership Card: All shop items and services have a 50% discount. Stacks with The Courier.
- Smiling Mask: The Card Removal Service now always costs 50 gold.
- Meal Ticket: Whenever you enter a shop room, heal 15 HP.
- Maw Bank: If you buy an item at the shop, Maw Bank is disabled and no longer provides 12 gold per floor. This includes the card removal service.
The Merchant is the friendly NPC who sells items at the Shop.
The Merchant appears in the form of a blue skinned man sitting on a blue-green rug next to some cards, a small chest, a bag, and a knife. He is wearing a mask covering his face (which is similar to the Smiling Mask Relic) and a blue cloak. He will be generally friendly towards the player and talk to them while they view and purchase his wares.
- In the Game's Soundtrack, the music which plays while the player is visiting the Shop is titled "Meet the Merchant"
- One of his quotes "I used to be like you" suggests he was similar to the players in some manner in the past. It is implied, since this quote is only shown in Act IV, that the Merchant was once also a puppet of Neow.
- A tweet from the Developers of Slay the Spire implies that the merchant is very powerful, perhaps even the strongest being in the Spire.
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Shop rarity relics base price reduced from 200 -> 150.
- Fixed memory leak when initializing Merchant assets.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Two-step confirmations have been added to several screens so you can review options before you choose a card/boss relic/shop item. To turn this on, toggle the Touchscreen Mode option found at the bottom of the Input Settings screen.
- Tips for potions now show up when hovered in Reward screens and Shops (not just in the Potion panel after acquisition).
- Shop and Boss BGM now correctly mutes when game is minimized with the Mute While in BG option on.
- Fixed inability to inspect relics when Shopscreen is open via controller.
- Fixed Meal Ticket not working on Shops from ? rooms.
- JPN and THA now have translated Merchant Shop images.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- Fixed issue where opening deck/map/settings during Card Removal Service caused the card to not remove unless you access the shop again.
- Adding shop assets for EPO.
- Weekly Patch 52: Release Date Price Increase
- Maw Bank relic will no longer spawn at Shops.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Wording improvements when relics or UI mention the Merchant.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Ascension 16 shop price increase lowered from +15% -> +10%.
- Colorless cards price decrease. 1.3x -> 1.2x price compared to regular cards.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Colorless Cards mod now correctly interacts with shops. Prevents Courier causing cards to appear in incorrect places on the shop screen.
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- The third relic sold by the merchant is now always a shop rarity relic. To prevent players from seeing too many familiar relics there, we added 5 new shop relics! (Spoilers in patch notes)
- The 3rd relic in shops are now always Shop rarity.
- Uncommon relics were more common than Common rarity in Shops. Swapped (48% <-> 34%)
- Buying an egg relic in the shop will now correctly show cards in the shop upgraded.
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Adding shop assets for RUS.
- Weekly Patch 26: Controller Support Testing
- Now displaying Shop purchases in Run History.
- Shop assets are now localized in UKR.
- Weekly Patch 24: Potions?!
- Potion prices are now based on rarity (Common: 50, Uncommon: 75, Rare: 100)
- The three egg relics will now show the cards they are affecting as upgraded in card reward screens and shops.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Updates for FRA, and ITA shop assets.
- Weekly Patch 22: Testing the Third Character
- Shop assets are now translated for DEU, FRA, ITA, and KOR.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Fixed several Shop screen assets that caused memory leaks.
- Updated art for Card Removal Service at shops
- Several images in the shop are now localized for ZHS.
- Weekly Patch 19: Seed
- You can now right click cards in the Shop screen to view their upgrades and details.
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- New Daily Mod: Hoarder: Whenever you obtain a card, two extra copies are also obtained. Cards can't be removed at Shops.
- Relics and Potions in the shop now correctly set their prices when restocked with the Courier.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- You can no longer encounter Shops in ? nodes after a Shop.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Common relics now have a base of cost 150 (previously 200)
- Shop relics now have a base cost of 200 (previously 150)
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- Can now right click cards and relics at the Merchant to view their detailed information screens.