Melter is an uncommon Attack for The Defect. It destroys all of the targeted enemy's Block, then inflicts a decent amount of damage. As an Uncommon card, Melter can appear as a post-battle reward and be purchased from The Merchant.
Upgrading Melter increases the card's damage from 10 to 14.
- Melter is a tech card - it's exceptionally strong against certain enemies. Luckily, high-Block enemies are particularly annoying, and it's a solid beatstick against the others.
- Melter excels against the Spheric Guardian, effectively dealing 50 or more damage and setting up an easy turn-one kill. It also rips through the abilities of Shelled Parasite and Snake Plant, and punishes Monsters with armor-granting abilities like Darkling, Centurion, and most Minions. It beats The Guardian up immediately after it transforms, and speeds up the Donu and Deca final battle.
- Melter destroys Block before inflicting its damage, meaning it will deal damage directly to Health.
- Players will almost never encounter multiple high-shield enemies at once, making redundant copies of Melter unnecessary in small decks.
- As a solid standalone utility card, Melter is an oddity among The Defect's highly synergistic card pool. Its effect can translate into a big burst of damage, making it play nicely with efficient, aggressive cards like Hyperbeam.
- The armor-removing effect is not a Debuff, so Melter will not trigger Sadistic Nature and is not nullified by Artifact.
Melter's art depicts what the card does best - melting a Spheric Guardian.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- This week adds the long anticipated third character into the game!
- A new character with unique mechanics, keywords, and art.
- Content: 75 Cards.
|Attacks||All for One • Ball Lightning • Barrage • Beam Cell • Blizzard • Bullseye • Claw • Cold Snap • Compile Driver • Core Surge • Doom and Gloom • FTL • Go for the Eyes • Hyperbeam • Melter • Meteor Strike • Rebound • Rip and Tear • Scrape • Streamline • Strike (Defect) • Sunder • Sweeping Beam • Thunder Strike|
|Skills||Aggregate • Amplify • Auto-Shields • Boot Sequence • Chaos • Charge Battery • Chill • Consume • Coolheaded • Darkness • Defend (Defect) • Double Energy • Dualcast • Equilibrium • Fission • Force Field • Fusion • Genetic Algorithm • Glacier • Hologram • Leap • Multi-Cast • Overclock • Rainbow • Reboot • Recursion • Recycle • Reinforced Body • Reprogram • Seek • Skim • Stack • Steam Barrier • TURBO • Tempest • White Noise • Zap|
|Powers||Biased Cognition • Buffer • Capacitor • Creative AI • Defragment • Echo Form • Electrodynamics • Heatsinks • Hello World • Loop • Machine Learning • Self Repair • Static Discharge • Storm|