Melter is an uncommon Attack for The Defect. It destroys all of the targeted enemy's Block, then inflicts a decent amount of damage. As an Uncommon card, Melter can appear as a post-battle reward and be purchased from The Merchant.
Upgrading Melter increases the card's damage from 10 to 14.
- Melter is a tech card - it's exceptionally strong against certain enemies. Luckily, high-Block enemies are particularly annoying, and it's a solid beatstick against the others.
- Melter excels against the Spheric Guardian, effectively dealing 50 or more damage and setting up an easy turn-one kill. It also rips through the abilities of Shelled Parasite and Snake Plant, and punishes Monsters with armor-granting abilities like Darkling, Centurion, and most Minions. It beats The Guardian up immediately after it transforms, and speeds up the Donu and Deca final battle.
- Melter destroys Block before inflicting its damage, meaning it will deal damage directly to Health.
- Players will almost never encounter multiple high-shield enemies at once, making redundant copies of Melter unnecessary in small decks.
- As a solid standalone utility card, Melter is an oddity among The Defect's highly synergistic card pool. Its effect can translate into a big burst of damage, making it play nicely with efficient, aggressive cards like Hyperbeam.
- The armor-removing effect is not a Debuff, so Melter will not trigger Sadistic Nature and is not nullified by Artifact.
Melter's art depicts what the card does best - melting a Spheric Guardian.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Melter card buffed: Damage 6 -> 8. Melter+: 9 -> 11.