Match and Keep is an event found in all 3 Acts of the Spire.
You are forced to play a card matching game. You get 5 attempts to match cards. Any cards you match, you add to your deck, regardless of whether you want the card or not. The following cards will be available for matching:
- 1 pair of Common colored cards
- 1 pair of Uncommon colored cards
- 1 pair of Rare colored cards
- 1 pair of a random Curse
- 1 pair of Uncommon Colorless cards (Replaced by an additional pair of Curses on Ascension 15+)
- Bash, Neutralize, Zap, or Eruption.
The color of each colored card will be dependent on which character you are playing as.
- If you don't want to add any cards to your deck, you can just pick the same 2 cards 5 times and not add any cards to your deck
- However, you could pick 2 matching cards initially, though the odds of this are somewhat low.
- Be wary of the Curses that the game offers. On Ascension 15+, the second pair of curses can be the same curse as the first pair, so be more careful when on high ascension levels, unless you seek curses.
- The Rare card offered is most likely to be beneficial to your deck, so try to see which card it is to decide whether or not to match it.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Gremlin Match and Keep event now has cards upgraded correctly.
- Weekly Patch 31: Custom Mode
- Match and Keep cards are now viewed as upgraded w/ Egg relics.
- Weekly Patch 26: Controller Support Testing
- Fixed issue where if you fail to match cards in the Card Match event, a card can stay large.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Match and Keep event is now seeded.
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- Cloak and Dagger no longer appears in the card match event before it is unlocked, instead there is always a copy of Neutralize.
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Match and Keep event now has art.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Fixed typo where a quote mark was blue for match and keep event.