The Knowing Skull is a rare Event found exclusively in Act 2. You encounter a talking skull that can grant many rewards, albeit for a bloody price.
You can encounter this event only if you have 12 or more HP.
- [Riches?] Obtain 90 Gold. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP).
- [Success?] Obtain a random Uncommon Colorless card. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP).
- [A Pick Me Up?] Obtain a Potion. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP).
- [How do I leave?] End the event. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP).
Each time a reward is selected, the cost for that reward increases by 1 HP.
Rewards may be selected repeatedly for as much health as you are willing to spend. The event will not end until [How do I leave?] is selected.
|You find yourself in an old, decorated chamber. In the center of the room, a large skull sits atop an ornate pedestal. As you approach, the skull bursts into flames and turns to face you.
|"WHAT IS IT YOU SEEK? WHAT IS IT YOU OFFER?"
|In sync with its final words, the door behind you slams shut.
|"YOU MORTALS NEVER CHANGE. IT IS DONE."
|Gold rains down on you.
|"PERHAPS THIS WILL HELP?"
|You obtain a card.
|A Pick Me Up?
|You obtain a potion.
|How do I leave?
|"BEHIND YOU, MORTAL."
|You peek behind the skull. Surely enough, there is a door.
- With Bloody Idol relic, choosing the [Riches] option will grant you 5 HP of healing to heavily offset the damage.
- Tungsten Rod relic reduces the HP cost of each reward by 1 HP. The cost for each reward still increases each time it is selected.
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Knowing Skull event HP cost increases with each reward taken
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Knowing Skull event can no longer give you a potion if you have the Sozu relic.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Events: Falling, Secret Portal, Knowing Skull, Golden Idol, and Scrap Ooze receive ambient BGM.
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- Knowing Skull HP cost minimum is set to 6 to prevent infinite gold with Bloody Idol.
- Weekly Patch 30: Skewer
- Knowing Skull event now always asks for 10% of your Max HP instead of a set amount.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Knowing Skull event gets reworked. Die to your greed now.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Fixed Knowing Skull event options being ordered oddly after choosing the top option twice.