The Knowing Skull is a rare Event encountered in act 2 of the Spire.
[Riches?] Gain 90 Gold. Lose 10% of your Max HP. (Minimum of 6 HP)
[Success?] Get a Colorless card. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP)
[A Pick Me Up?] Get a Potion. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP)
[How do I leave?] Leave. Lose 10% of your Max HP (Minimum of 6 HP)
Rewards may be selected repeatedly for as much life as you are willing to spend. The event will not end until "How do I leave?" is selected. Note: In Endless Mode, it is likely to get a Max HP of 1. If this is done, the Knowing Skull will kill you unless you have a Fairy in a Bottle Potion or Lizard Tail.
- With the Bloody Idol relic, choosing the "Riches" option will grant you 5 HP of healing to heavily offset the damage.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Knowing Skull event can no longer give you a potion if you have the Sozu relic.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Events: Falling, Secret Portal, Knowing Skull, Golden Idol, and Scrap Ooze receive ambient BGM.
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- Knowing Skull HP cost minimum is set to 6 to prevent infinite gold with Bloody Idol.
- Weekly Patch 30: Skewer
- Knowing Skull event now always asks for 10% of your Max HP instead of a set amount.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Knowing Skull event gets reworked. Die to your greed now.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Fixed Knowing Skull event options being ordered oddly after choosing the top option twice.