- Being a constant source of Strength that does not exhaust, J.A.X. finds use in many Ironclad self-harm related builds and Silent Shiv-related builds. However, the Defect does not have enough direct damage cards to make the HP loss worth it in most cases.
- Intangible reduces all HP loss to 1, including from J.A.X..
- Runic Cube: Whenever you play J.A.X., draw 1 card.
- Blood for Blood: Each time you use J.A.X., decreases Blood for Blood's cost by 1.
- Reaper: Useful for regenerating HP lost through J.A.X.
- Heavy Blade, Pummel, : Significantly benefit from Strength.
- Rupture: Is triggered every time J.A.X. is used, furthering the Strength gain.
- Shivs: Each Shiv's damage is increased by 2 for each J.A.X. used. Since Shivs are easily created in multiples, this adds up quickly.
- The card's name is a play on words referring to "getting jacked", as in getting buff.
- Weekly Patch 39: We Meet Again!
- JAX card buffed. No longer exhausts.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- J.A.X. Dealer event's cost of J.A.X. updated 100 -> 77 Gold.
- Weekly Patch 8: Ooh Shiny!
- Colorless cards can now be upgraded! This was also a good time to re-examine and balance several of the cards.
- J.A.X.+. 2 -> 3 Strength gain.