Options[edit | edit source]
Numbers in parentheses are for Ascension 15 or higher.
[Take] Obtain Golden Idol. Trigger a trap, sending a huge boulder rolling towards the player.
- The player must choose how to defend themselves.
[Leave] Nothing happens
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
|You come across an inconspicuous pedestal with a shining gold idol sitting peacefully atop. It looks incredibly valuable.|
|You sure don't see any traps nearby.|
|As you grab the Idol and stow it away, a giant boulder smashes through the ceiling into the ground next to you.|
|You realize that the floor is slanted downwards as the boulder starts to roll towards you.|
|You barely leap into a side passageway as the boulder rushes by. Unfortunately it feels like you sprained something however.|
|You throw yourself at the boulder with everything you have. When the dust clears, you can make a safe way out.|
|The boulder flattens you a little as it passes by, but otherwise you can get out of here.|
|If there was ever an obvious trap, this would be it.|
|You decide not to interfere with objects placed upon pedestals.|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Golden Idol is used for Events in future Acts. It's also a strong Relic in its own right, granting 25% more Gold from battles. It's generally a good idea to [Take] it.
[Smash] option is usually the best choice. The Act 1 enemies and Bosses aren't particularly powerful; unless the player has an Elites blocking their way, the 25% damage is probably irrelevant.
Sacrificing max HP via [Hide] is possibly the most dangerous - dropping below 50 HP allows many Bosses to kill the player in one attack.
Related[edit | edit source]
- Not to be confused with the event Golden Shrine.
- The Act 2 event Forgotten Altar will trade the Golden Idol for a Bloody Idol and avoid negative options.
- The Act 3 event The Moai Head will trade the Golden Idol for 333 gold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The grinning golden statue protected by a rolling boulder trap is a reference to the opening scene of the first Indiana Jones movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Events: Falling, Secret Portal, Knowing Skull, Golden Idol, and Scrap Ooze receive ambient BGM.
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- Golden Idol Event options are slightly harsher. 20% -> 25% damage and 5% -> 8% Max HP loss.