Gold is a major resource in Slay the Spire. It can be spent at the Merchant for various items and bonuses.
Alternatively, some Events will let you spend certain amounts of Gold for specific rewards.
Sources of Gold
The player starts each run with Gold, and Gold drops as a reward from most fights in the game.
- Normal Encounter: 10 - 20 Gold
- Elite Encounter: 25 - 35 Gold
- Boss Encounter: 95 - 105 Gold
- Face Trader
- Golden Shrine
- Wheel of Change
- Dead Adventurer
- The Ssssserpent
- World of Goop
- Wing Statue
- Knowing Skull
- The Joust
- The Nest
- Mind Bloom
- The Moai Head
- Tomb of Lord Red Mask
- Golden Idol makes gold gain from combat greater.
- Bloody Idol heals the player every time gold is gained.
- Smiling Mask, The Courier, and Membership Card make shop prices lower.
- Ectoplasm makes obtaining further gold impossible.
- Patch v1.1: The Dealer
- Top panel gold icon, health icon, potion slots, and modifiers now scale up when hovered.
- Weekly Patch 49: The Designer
- Dead Adventurer event was not giving the gold correctly (just showing the effect).
- Weekly Patch 34: Malaise
- Gold gain effect from things like Dead Adventurer is now a localizeable string.
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Fixed exploit where reloading into a boss room would give you bonus gold.
- Weekly Patch 24: Potions?!
- Adjusted position of HP, Gold, and Floor UI in the top bar.
- Fixed issue where abandoning on a reward screen could transfer cards/gold to a different character.
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Seeds are now utilized for gold rewards from events, chests, and various rooms.
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- Maximum gold score bonus now caps at 300 (was unlimited).
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Looter + Mugger fight no longer allows you to steal back extra gold if you ran out of gold.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Removing +X Gold text which appears when gold rains from the sky.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Mugger doesn't give back gold it didn't steal
- Day 1 Patch
- Looter only refunds gold that was stolen now.