The Fossilized Helix is a Rare Relic. At the start of each combat, it gives 1 stack of the Buffer buff, preventing the first time the player loses HP.
- Large single-hit enemies like Transient can be shut down entirely for one turn.
- Negating the first instance of damage can buy time at the start of a fight to set up.
- Pain, Regret, Brutality, Combust, Hemokinesis, Bloodletting, J.A.X., Blue Candle, and Corrupt Heart's Beat of Death can waste the Fossilized Helix on 1-3 HP instead of a bigger attack.
- Blood for Blood, Static Discharge, Rupture, Runic Cube, Centennial Puzzle, Self-Forming Clay, and Emotion Chip will not activate when HP loss is prevented.
The appearance and name of this relic may reference the Helix Fossil from the Pokémon series.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Fixed Self-Forming Clay relic triggering incorrectly off of prevented damage from Buffer power.
- Weekly Patch 49: The Designer
- Painful Stabs power will no longer give wounds if the damage was prevented by Buffer.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Effects that trigger on damage like Masterful Stab now interacts properly with damage prevention effects like Buffer.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- New Rare Relic: Fossilized Helix.