Face Trader is an event which can trigger in any ? room of all three acts.
- [Touch] Lose X HP (10% of Max HP). Gain 75 Gold.
- [Trade] 50%: Good Face. 50%: Bad Face. (Note: The actual odds are 40% good mask, 40% bad mask, 20% a mask that does nothing.)
- [Leave] (Nothing happens)
After choosing [Trade] the player will receive one of five masks as a relic. Two of these have a positive effect, two of them are detrimental and the last one is neutral (only cosmetic effects).
- 20% (Neutral Mask): Cultist Headpiece: You feel more talkative.
- 20% (Good Mask): Face of Cleric: Raise your Max HP by 1 after each combat.
- 20% (Bad Mask): Gremlin Visage: Start each combat with 1 Weak.
- 20% (Bad Mask): N'loth's Hungry Face: The next non-boss Chest you open is empty.
- 20% (Good Mask): Ssserpent Head: Whenever you enter a ? room, gain 50 Gold.
Both the positive masks—Face of Cleric and Ssserpent Head—are extremely powerful if acquired in Acts 1 and 2. On the negative side: N'loth's Hungry Face remains a fairly minor penalty throughout. But by Act 3, the threat of a Gremlin Visage and the small number of remaining rooms/combats makes a roll increasingly dangerous (especially for a deck avoiding most combats). Therefore, it may be wise to gain the gold (or simply leave) in late acts, especially if your deck is reliant on Attacks.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Minor text cleanup for Face Trader event.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Face Trader event will no longer give out duplicate relics on Endless mode.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Improved Face Trader wording for top option to better reflect what happens.
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- Face Trader: It's a new event! This event shows up in any Act and can give you 1 of 5 relics exclusive to this event, we think it's facetastic.
- Adding the Face Trader event.