Face Trader is an event that can appears in Act 1 and Act 2. You found a mysterious man, who is very interested in your face.
Options[edit | edit source]
Numbers in parentheses are for Ascension 15 or higher.
- [Touch] Lose 10% of Max HP. Gain 75 (50) Gold.
- [Trade] Receive one of the following mask relics:
- Cultist Headpiece: You feel more talkative (Neutral Face).
- Face of Cleric: Raise your Max HP by 1 after each combat (Good Face).
- Gremlin Visage: Start each combat with 1 Weak (Bad Face).
- N'loth's Hungry Face: The next non-boss Chest you open is empty (Bad Face).
- Ssserpent Head: Whenever you enter a ? room, gain 50 Gold (Good Face).
- [Leave] Nothing happens
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Both the positive masks— Face of Cleric and Ssserpent Head—are extremely powerful if acquired early on Act 1 and 2. On the negative side: N'loth's Hungry Face remains a fairly minor penalty throughout. But by Act 3, the threat of a Gremlin Visage and the small number of remaining rooms/combats makes a roll increasingly dangerous (especially for a deck avoiding most combats). Therefore, it may be wise to gain the gold (or simply leave) in late acts, especially if your deck is reliant on Attacks.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
|You walk by an eerie statue holding several masks...|
|Something behind you softly whispers, "Stop."|
|You swerve around to face the statue which is now facing you!|
|On closer inspection, it's not a statue but a statuesque, gaunt man. Is he even breathing?|
|Eerie Man: "Face. Let me touch? Maybe trade?"|
|Eerie Man: "Compensation. Compensation."|
|Mechanically, he cranes out a neat stack of gold and places it into your pouch.|
|Eerie Man: "What a nice face. Nice face."|
|While he touches your face, you begin to feel your life drain out of it!|
|During this, his mask falls off and shatters. Screaming, he quickly covers his face with all six arms dropping even more masks! Amidst all the screaming and shattering, you escape.|
|His face was completely blank.|
|Eerie Man: "For me? FOR ME? Oh yes.. Yes. Yes.. mmm..."|
|You see one of his arms flicker, and your face is in its hand! Your face has been swapped.|
|Eerie Man: "Nice face. Nice face."|
|Eerie Man: "Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop."|
|This was probably the right call.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The flavor text for the [Trade] option states that the reward is "50% Good Face. 50% Bad Face". However, the actual odds are 40% good face ( Face of Cleric and Ssserpent Head), 40% bad face ( Gremlin Visage and N'loth's Hungry Face), and 20% neutral face ( Cultist Headpiece).
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Face Trader event can no longer appear past Act 2.
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Minor text cleanup for Face Trader event.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Face Trader event will no longer give out duplicate relics on Endless mode.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Improved Face Trader wording for top option to better reflect what happens.
- Weekly Patch 32: Face Trader
- Face Trader: It's a new event! This event shows up in any Act and can give you 1 of 5 relics exclusive to this event, we think it's facetastic.
- Adding the Face Trader event.