Playing in Ascension Mode will make elites more common, as the Ascension 1 modifier makes them more common. In addition, higher ascension levels will make elites stronger and tougher.
Relics that affect elite encounters:
- Sling of Courage: The player will start each elite combat with 2 Strength.
- Preserved Insect: All enemies found in elite rooms will start combat with 25% less HP.
- Black Star: Instead of dropping 1 random relic, defeated elites will instead drop 2 random relics.
- Slaver's Collar: During Boss and Elite combats, gain Energy at the start of your turn.
- Neow's Lament: Similarly to normal monster encounters, if an elite encounter is reached with a charge of Neow's Lament left, the elite(s) begin combat with 1 hp, making the fight trivial.
Act I Edit
Act II Edit
Act III Edit
Act IV Edit
Elite Buffs Edit
After unlocking Act 4, until the Emerald Key is obtained, one of the elites in each Act will appear as a burning elite icon. This 'super elite' will receive one of the following buffs, and it will drop the Emerald Key when defeated.