Echo Form is a Power card for The Defect that bestows a powerful card-doubling effect at a high price. As a rare card, Echo Form is generally obtainable as a Boss reward and at high cost from The Merchant. However, it can rarely drop from an Elite or even a normal Monster
Upgrading Echo Form causes it to lose the Ethereal keyword.
Card Effect[edit | edit source]
Echo Form's printed text only loosely explains its behavior.
A more descriptive effect is that Echo Form causes the first card you play each turn to be played twice unless the enemy dies from the first play. In this case the next card will be doubled instead.
Multiple stacks of Echo Form will cause more of your cards per turn to be played twice. (Your first card will not be played three or more times). If the first card you play is another Echo Form, you will have three stacks of Echo Form and two more cards this turn will be played twice.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- After Image, A Thousand Cuts, Fire Breathing: The duplicate card activates each power's respective effects.
- Claw, Rampage: Echo Form's second card will use the first card's damage and increase it in Claw's case.
- Genetic Algorithm, Ritual Dagger: Echo Form's second card will increase Genetic Algorithm's Block and Ritual Dagger's damage.
- When triggering on an X card, the same value for X is used on the second play.
- Although the copied card has the Exhaust visual effects, it doesn't appear in the Exhausted pile or trigger effects that activate when a card is Exhausted.
- Mayhem: Mayhem's card will be doubled.
- Velvet Choker, Time Eater, Chosen: Echo Form's second card counts towards these objects' respective effects.
- Blue Candle, Medical Kit: Statuses or Curses played will be doubled, wasting Echo Form.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
- Echo Form combines a big effect with a big cost. Three Energy is generally an entire turn, and the card has literally no effect when played. Before the card is upgraded, the player doesn't even get to pick which turn to sacrifice!
- The decision to upgrade Echo Form depends more on whether the card is an integral part of the deck. If so, there's no need to upgrade it as you'll play it as soon as you draw it. If not, deliberately Exhausting Echo Form can be a relevant option in battles that demand efficient plays.
- When your deck contains Echo Form, select paths that offer many Rest Sites and Events. The Defect will likely take a beating after each Echo Form, and you'll need to recover some health.
- The strongest cards to Echo Form include:
- Powers - Echo Form acts as a freeAmplify that The Defect can set up in advance. CopyingStatic Discharge,Self Repair,Biased Cognition, and even anotherEcho Form is a powerful play.
- Energy - DoublingMeteor Strike,Fusion,Aggregate, and especiallyDouble Energy generates massive resources. Echo Form also helps activateSunder's Energy-producing effect.
- Multi-Channel - Cards that generate two or more Orbs, especially Rainbow+ and Chaos+, outperform with an Echo Form. The surplus of Orbs can instantly recover fromFission or Evoke multiple times.
- When building around Echo Form, mitigate incoming damage by picking zero-Energy defensive tools like Orichalcum, Anchor,Boot Sequence,Buffer, and Energy-granting Relics like Cursed Key.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Fix for proper behavior when duplicating cards like Rampage and Genetic Algorithm with effects like Echo Form.
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Fixed issue where cards stayed after combat with Echo Form or Double Tap.
- Weekly Patch 27: Hello World
- This week adds the long anticipated third character into the game!
- A new character with unique mechanics, keywords, and art.
- Content: 75 Cards.