Double Tap is a Skill card for the Ironclad. It plays the next Attack card this turn a second time, for no Energy. As a Rare card, it can be obtained after defeating a Boss. It is Ironclad's version ofBurst
Upon upgrade, it will trigger for the 2nd Attack card played in the same turn.
The second play is NOT added to your draw or discard pile.
The scaling buff from Double Tap (and also from Burst and Amplify) is the number of cards that will be played twice, not the number of times the card will be played. This means playing multiple Double Taps will add to the number of cards that will be played twice that turn, not make the next card play 3 or more times.
- The second play will not cost any Energy, but it will trigger any other consequences of playing the card. For example, a Double TappedHemokinesis will trigger the self-damage twice.
- The second play of a card that costs X energy will use the same value of X as the first.
- The second play acts as a separate card. This has interactions including, but not limited to:
- Shuriken, Kunai, and Pen Nib: Both plays count towards playing Attacks for their benefits. The second play can possibly receive triggered benefits.
- Velvet Choker: Both plays count towards the amount of cards played for the turn.
- In the case of Time Eater, if the second attack is the 13th action on his counter, it will NOT occur, unlike Velvet Choker.
- The second play happens after the Attack is sent to the draw, discard or Exhaust piles. This has interactions including, but not limited to:
- The second play can trigger any Exhaust synergies, but only if the Attack card Exhausts when played.
- In other words, the Double Tap copy "not going to your discard pile" does NOT count as an Exhaust by itself.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Fix for proper behavior when duplicating cards like Rampage and Genetic Algorithm with effects like Echo Form.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Updating icon for Double Tap power.
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Fixed issue where cards stayed after combat with Echo Form or Double Tap.