If you use Distraction as other character that is not the Silent, it will grant a random Skill card of the respective color of that character. For example, if you obtained this card as the Defect, it will grant you blue Skill cards. Prismatic Shard does not affect the variety of colors of the card it generated. It however is affected by Run Modifiers, which could potentially allow it to generate an Skill from more than one color of cards pools.
Upgrading Distraction decreases its cost to 0.
It can only generate cards that are available through shop and rewards. It cannot generate a healing card.
- Alchemize(Healing, as it could generate Fruit Juice, and its potion can trigger Toy Ornithopter.)
- Wish(Healing, as it can trigger Bloody Idol.)
- Bandage Up(Healing)
- Beta(Card effect only)
- Insight(Cards effect only)
- Miracle(Cards, relics, and potion effect only)
- Safety(Card effect only)
Distraction is almost always a low-powered card. The Silent has many Skills that are weak on their own but powerful in combination, so the Skill you get is unlikely to perform at full strength. Worse, The Silent has many 0-cost Skills like Setup that actually waste your Energy.
If you're desperate for Block and defensive Skills, then Distraction could be your only option. Otherwise, you're better off skipping the pick and instead picking a Skill you actually want.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- All sources of random temporary card generation in combat (like Dead Branch) can no longer generate cards that provide healing.
- New tip added to indicate that healing cards cannot be generated randomly during combat.