Discovery is a colorless Uncommon Skill that that presents you with 3 random cards from the card pool of the character you are playing, from which you may choose one to add to your hand. The card added to your hand has its cost reduced to 0 for the turn. Discovery then Exhausts.
Prismatic Shard does not affect the variety of colors of the card it generated. It however is affected by Run Modifiers, which could potentially allow it to present you with more than one color of cards.
Upgrading Discovery causes it to no longer Exhaust.
It can only generate a card that are available through shop and rewards. It cannot generate a healing card.
- Feed (Healing)
- Reaper (Healing)
- Bite (Healing and event-exclusive)
- Ritual Dagger (Event-exclusive)
- Shiv (Cards effect only)
- Smite (Cards effect only)
- Through Violence (Card effect only)
- Alchemize (Healing, as it could generate Fruit Juice, and its potion can trigger Toy Ornithopter.)
- Wish (Healing, as it can trigger Bloody Idol.)
- Bandage Up (Healing)
- Apparition (Event-exclusive)
- J.A.X. (Event-exclusive)
- Beta (Card effect only)
- Insight (Cards effect only)
- Miracle (Cards, relics, and potion effect only)
- Safety (Card effect only)
- Weekly Patch 55: Blur
- Draw, Discard, and Exhaust piles can now be viewed during Codex/Discovery card selection.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- All sources of random temporary card generation in combat (like Dead Branch) can no longer generate cards that provide healing.
- New tip added to indicate that healing cards cannot be generated randomly during combat.
- Weekly Patch 43: Discovery
- Can no longer skip cards when choosing a card via Discovery.
- Weekly Patch 38: Bane
- Adding colorless card Discovery.