Darklings are an Act 3 encounter. The player will fight 3 Darklings at a time, and they all start with the Life Link buff.
Pattern[edit | edit source]
On the first turn, all Darklings have a 50% chance of using Nip and a 50% chance of using Harden. The middle Darkling continues this pattern afterwards; it cannot use Chomp.
After the first turn, the outer 2 Darklings have a 30% chance of using Nip, 40% chance of using Chomp and 30% chance of using Harden.
Harden cannot be used twice in a row, Chomp cannot be used twice in a row and Nip cannot be used three times in a row.
After the HP of a Darkling reaches 0, the Darkling can no longer be targeted and Regrow will interrupt its current intent. It will use Reincarnate on the next turn.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 2+||Asc 17+|
|Nip||Deal D* damage.||Deal D* + 2 damage.||Deal D* + 2 damage.|
|Chomp||Deal 8 x 2 damage.||Deal 9 x 2 damage.||Deal 9 x 2 damage.|
|Harden||Gain 12 Block.||Gain 12 Block.||Gain 12 Block and 2 Strength.|
|Reincarnate||Revives with 50% HP.||Revives with 50% HP.||Revives with 50% HP.|
|Regrow||Does nothing.||Does nothing.||Does nothing.|
*D is chosen between 7 and 11 at the beginning of the battle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Fixed double-played Sunder gaining energy twice on Darklings and Awakened One.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Darklings defensive move had the incorrect intent on Ascension 17+.
- Fixed bug in Darklings that makes them unable to combine with other monsters. (For modders)
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Fix for crash when playing Havoc against half dead enemies (Darkling/Awakened one).
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- Corpse Explosion power can now trigger on Darklings.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Sunder should now work on half dead enemies (Darklings/Awakened One)
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Hotfix: Sentry/Darkling anti attack-at-once wasn't working. Fixed
- We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Darklings
- All 3 Darklings can never do 8 x 2 dmg at once now.
- Darkling AI now utilizes aiRNG.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Feed no longer works on enemies that go into a half dead state (Darkling, Awakened One).
- Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
- Fixed bug where enemies that don't fully die (Darklings) do their full multi-hits even if they die from thorns.
- Day 1 Patch
- Life Link power on Darklings now communicates better what it does.
|Monsters, Elites, and Bosses|