Slay the Spire Wiki
Advertisement


Darklings are an Act 3 encounter. The player will fight 3 Darklings at a time, and they all start with the Life Link buff.

Pattern[]

On the first turn, all Darklings have a 50% chance of using Nip and a 50% chance of using Harden. The middle Darkling continues this pattern afterwards; it cannot use Chomp.

After the first turn, the outer 2 Darklings have a 30% chance of using Nip, 40% chance of using Chomp and 30% chance of using Harden.

Harden cannot be used twice in a row, Chomp cannot be used twice in a row and Nip cannot be used three times in a row.

After the HP of a Darkling reaches 0, the Darkling can no longer be targeted and Regrow will interrupt its current intent. It will use Reincarnate on the next turn.

Name Intent Effect Asc 2+ Asc 17+
Nip Attack Intent 2.png Deal D* damage. Deal D* + 2 damage. Deal D* + 2 damage.
Chomp Attack intent 4.png Deal 8 x 2 damage. Deal 9 x 2 damage. Deal 9 x 2 damage.
Harden Defend.png Gain 12 Icon Block.png Block. Gain 12 Icon Block.png Block. Gain 12 Icon Block.png Block and 2 Icon Strength.png Strength.
Reincarnate Intent - Buff.png Revives with 50% HP. Revives with 50% HP. Revives with 50% HP.
Regrow Intent - Unknown.png Does nothing. Does nothing. Does nothing.

*D is chosen between 7 and 11 at the beginning of the battle.

Gallery[]

Update History[]

  • Patch V2.0: The Watcher
    • Fixed double-played Sunder gaining energy twice on Darklings and Awakened One.
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Darklings defensive move had the incorrect intent on Ascension 17+.
    • Fixed bug in Darklings that makes them unable to combine with other monsters. (For modders)
  • Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
    • Fix for crash when playing Havoc against half dead enemies (Darkling/Awakened one).
  • Weekly Patch 33: Terror
    • Corpse Explosion power can now trigger on Darklings.
  • Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
    • Sunder should now work on half dead enemies (Darklings/Awakened One)
  • Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
    • Hotfix: Sentry/Darkling anti attack-at-once wasn't working. Fixed
    • We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Darklings
    • All 3 Darklings can never do 8 x 2 dmg at once now.
    • Darkling AI now utilizes aiRNG.
  • Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
    • Feed no longer works on enemies that go into a half dead state (Darkling, Awakened One).
  • Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
    • Fixed bug where enemies that don't fully die (Darklings) do their full multi-hits even if they die from thorns.
  • Day 1 Patch
    • Life Link power on Darklings now communicates better what it does.
Monsters, Elites, and Bosses
MonsterMapIcon.png

AcidSlimeIcon.jpgSpikeSlimeIcon.jpgCultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgLousesIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GremlinNobIcon.jpgLagavulinIcon.jpgSentriesIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

Guardian.jpgHexaghostAchievement.jpgSlimeBossAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

ByrdIcon.jpgChosenIcon.jpgMuggerIcon.jpgShelledParasiteIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpgCenturionMysticIcon.jpgSnakePlantIcon.jpgSneckoIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgSentrySoloIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

BookOfStabbingIcon.jpgGremlinLeaderIcon.jpgTaskmasterIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AutomatonAchievement.jpgChamp.jpgCollectorAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

DarklingIcon.jpgOrbWalkerIcon.jpgShapesIcon.jpgMawIcon.jpgSpireGrowthIcon.jpgTransientIcon.jpgWrithingMassIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GiantHeadIcon.jpgNemesisIcon.jpgReptomancerIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AwakenedOneAchievement.jpgDonuAndDecaIcon.jpgTimeEaterAchievement.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

SpireShieldIcon.jpgSpireSpearIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

CorruptHeartIcon.jpg

Advertisement