Custom Mode is a game mode unlocked by playing a Daily Climb. It allows the player to choose any number of custom modifiers, including Daily modifiers, to their run. It also allows them to customize Seed, Character and Ascension levels beyond those unlocked.
Playing on Custom Mode disables Achievements and the Leaderboards.
Mods on the table below with a * next to them are Daily modifiers and may be selected for Daily Challenges. They have icons, which will appear to the right, on the top of the screen to identify the modifier selected.
|Daily Mods||Embark on a run with exactly 3 random Daily Mods.||Overrides other mods.|
|Draft*||Draft a starting deck of cards.||The draft consists of 15 choices of 3 cards each that must be chosen in order. These choices are unaffected by Busted Crown and Binary. Mutually exclusive with Sealed Deck.|
|Sealed Deck*||Craft a deck from 30 random cards.||Similar to Draft, except the game presents 30 cards and you must pick 10 of them to create your deck. Mutually exclusive with Draft.|
|Endless||Winning will return you to Act 1 with the same deck. But beware, the blight consumes all...||Puts the game on repeat, and Neow will grant blights to make the game harder.|
|Blight Chests||Boss chests contain blights after beating Act 3 on Endless.||-|
|Hoarder*||Whenever you add a card to your deck, add two additional copies. You can no longer remove cards from your deck at the Merchant.||Transformed cards will produce 3 of the card they transform into, and curses will be added 3 at a time. Mind Blast becomes very powerful.|
|Insanity*||Start with a random deck of 50 cards.||-|
|Chimera*||Your starting deck is a fusion of 4 characters.||Start with Bash, Survivor, Zap, Eruption, and one of each colored Strike and Defend.|
|Praise Snecko||Replaces your starting relic with Snecko Eye.||Works with other modifiers that replace your starting relic.|
|Shiny*||Starting deck is replaced with 1 of every rare card.||Grants 1 of each of your character's rare cards. Does NOT work with the "Cards" modifiers or Diverse.|
|Specialized*||Start with 5 copies of a single card.||The card is a random card. Works with the "Cards" modifiers and Diverse.|
|Vintage*||Normal Enemies drop relics instead of cards.||Elites and Bosses will still drop cards.|
|Controlled Chaos*||Start with Frozen Eye. At the start of your turn, add 10 random cards to the bottom of your draw pile.||-|
|Inception||Replaces your starting relic with Unceasing Top.||Works with other modifiers that replace your starting relic.|
|All Star*||Start with 5 colorless cards.||The cards may be different and have random rarities.|
|Diverse*||Cards are not restricted by your character.||Grants an Orb Slot to a character that is not the Defect.|
|Red Cards*||Red cards now appear in rewards and shops.||Affects Sealed Deck, Draft, and Insanity.|
|Green Cards*||Green cards now appear in rewards and shops.||Affects Sealed Deck, Draft, and Insanity.|
|Blue Cards*||Blue cards now appear in rewards and shops.||Affects Sealed Deck, Draft, and Insanity. Grants an Orb Slot to a character that is not the Defect.|
|Purple Cards*||Purple cards now appear in rewards and shops||Affects Sealed Deck, Draft, and Insanity. Other characters can enter any of the stances, provided that they have a mean to do so.|
|Colorless Cards*||Colorless cards now appear in rewards.||Affects Sealed Deck, Draft, and Insanity. Additionally, Colorless Cards may be sold on the top row of the Shop screen.|
|Heirloom*||Start with 1 Rare relic.||Unlike other modifiers that give you a relic, this does not replace your starting relic.|
|Time Dilation*||All enemies start with the Slow debuff.||Enemies with Artifact and Giant Head are unaffected.|
|Flight*||You may ignore paths when choosing the next room to travel to.||Functions similarly to Wing Boots, but with infinite charges.|
|My True Form||Start with a copy of Demon Form, Wraith Form, Echo Form, and Deva Form.||-|
|Deadly Events*||? rooms can now contain Elites but are also more likely to contain Treasure rooms.|
|Binary*||Card rewards contain only 2 cards.||Question Card reverts rewards to 3 cards.|
|One Hit Wonder||Start the game with 1 max HP.||Max HP cannot be lowered below 1 max HP.|
|Cursed Run*||Whenever you defeat a Boss, become Cursed. Your starting relic is replaced by Cursed Key, Darkstone Periapt, and Du-Vu Doll.||-|
|Big Game Hunter*||Elites are now swarming the Spire and drop better rewards.||Elites will appear more often and always drop Rare cards.|
|Lethality*||You start each combat with +3 Strength. All enemies start each combat with +3 Strength.||-|
|Midas*||Enemies drop 200% more Gold, but you cannot upgrade cards at Rest Sites.||Fusion Hammer has no downside with this enabled.|
|Night Terrors*||Resting at Rest Sites heals 100% of your HP, but costs 5 max HP.||This makes Regal Pillow useless.|
|Terminal*||Whenever you enter a new room, lose 1 max HP. Start each combat with 5 Plated Armor.||Max HP cannot be lowered below 1.|
|Certain Future*||The map contains only one path.||Makes the Flight modifier useless.|
|Starter Deck||Start with Busted Crown and Binary, so enemies no longer drop cards.||Busted Crown does not replace your starter relic.|
Removed Modifiers[edit | edit source]
These modifiers are no longer in the game. Modifiers with a * next to them were Daily Modifiers before they were removed.
|Uncertain Future*||The map now only shows ? rooms.||-|
|Brewmaster*||Start with White Beast Statue and 5 copies of Alchemize.||Does not remove your starting relic.|
|Careless*||At the beginning of your turn, discard the top card of your draw pile.||-|
|Colossus*||Enemies now have more HP but drop better rewards.||Enemies would drop more Uncommon and Rare cards, but had significantly higher HP.|
|Restless Journey*||The Player no longer heals to full health when entering new acts.||-|
|Heartbreaker||Enables the Final Act.||-|
Custom Seeds[edit | edit source]
In addition to using Custom Mode in the main menu, seeds may be inputted to start some custom modifiers' effects. O's and 0's are interchangeable in these seeds.
|1HITWONDER||One Hit Wonder||Start the game with 1 Max HP.|
|CURSED||Cursed Run||Whenever you defeat a Boss, become Cursed. Your starting relic is replaced by Cursed Key, Darkstone Periapt, and Du-Vu Doll.|
|DRAFT||Draft||Draft a starting deck of cards.|
|FADEAWAY||Night Terrors & Terminal||Resting at Rest Sites heals 100% of your HP, but costs 5 max HP.
Whenever you enter a new room, lose 1 max HP. Start each combat with 5 Plated Armor.
|INCEPTION||Inception||Replaces your starting relic with Unceasing Top.|
|MORECARDS||Hoarder||Whenever you add a card to your deck, add two additional copies. You can no longer remove cards from your deck at the Merchant.|
|MEGADRAFT||Diverse & Draft||Draft a starting deck of cards.
Cards are not restricted by your character.
|MYTRUEFORM||My True Form||Start with a copy of Demon Form, Wraith Form, Echo Form, and Deva Form.|
|PRAISESNECKO||Praise Snecko||Replaces your starting relic with Snecko Eye.|
|RANDOMMODS||Daily Mods||Embark on a run with exactly 3 random Daily Mods.|
|DAILYMODS||Daily Mods||Embark on a run with exactly 3 random Daily Mods.|
|STARTERDECK||Starter Deck||Start with Busted Crown and Binary, so enemies no longer drop cards.|
|YOURETOOSLOW||Time Dilation||All enemies start with the Slow debuff.|
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Darkstone Periapt relic now works with Hoarder mod.
- Weekly Patch 49: The Designer
- Can now open the Settings menu while in special card obtaining screens like from Calling Bell or All Star daily mod.
- Weekly Patch 48: Creative AI
- Insanity and Diverse mods now work together.
- Shiny mod and Diverse now work together correctly.
- Weekly Patch 47: Metamorphosis
- Weekly Patch 45: Impatience
- Diverse mod and Colorless Cards mod now can correctly work together in Custom Mode and Dailies.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Diverse mod and Red/Green/Blue mods in custom mode now exclude each other when choosing them.
- Weekly Patch 43: Discovery
- Prismatic Shard relic no longer spawns when the Diverse daily is activated.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Updating icon for Slow power.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Spawned Daggers from Reptomancer will now correctly work with Philosopher's Stone, and mods like Lethality.
- Weekly Patch 34: Malaise
- Binary mod is now correctly marked as a negative modifier in the custom mode screen.
- Weekly Patch 30: Skewer
- Added 'CURSED' custom seed to enable Cursed Run Mod.
- Added 'M0RECARDS' custom seed to enable Hoarder Mod.
- Weekly Patch 29: TURBO
- We added special runs that you can play by entering specific seeds:
- STARTERDECK Will give you Busted Crown and Binary (Meaning enemies drop 0 cards. Can you win with the starter deck??)
- MEGADRAFT will activate Diverse and Draft daily mods. Letting you draft from every characters' cards.
- FADEAWAY activates Night Terrors and Terminal. Can you beat the game before running out of HP?
- Y0URET00SL0W Will activate the Time Dilation daily mod, giving all enemies Slow.
- We added special runs that you can play by entering specific seeds:
- Weekly Patch 28: The Ritual
- Fixed bug where Terminal mod would cause player to reach 0 Max HP and the game would become unplayable. Now caps at 1 HP.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Orbs will now correctly work on other characters in the Diverse daily.
- Diverse Daily Mod now works again.
- Weekly Patch 19: Seed
- All Star daily mod altered to give 5 cards instead of 2.
- Diverse daily mod reworked. Now allows cards from other characters to appear.
- Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
- Time Dilation daily mod no longer affects Giant Head enemy.
- Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
- Hoarder daily mod now correctly duplicates the upgraded status of the copied card.
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- New Daily Mod: Hoarder: Whenever you obtain a card, two extra copies are also obtained. Cards can't be removed at Shops.
- Time Dilation wording improvements.
- Slow debuff now correctly works with single target cards in multi-enemy combats.
- Split Slimes and other spawned minions should now correctly have the Slow power when Time Dilation mod is on.
- Weekly Patch 15: Surprise Patch
- Question Card wording now accurately reflects what it does when accounting for other effects like Binary.
- New Daily mod: Terminal.
- New Daily mod: Time Dilation.