Cursed Tome is an event encountered in the 2nd Act of Slay the Spire. Tungsten Rod applies to the HP loss, which can make getting the relic a better option.
Overall, your choices are:
- Lose 9 HP
- Lose 16 HP (Ascension 15: Lose 21 HP), gain a relic.
Event progress Edit
"In an abandoned temple, you find a giant book, open, riddled with cryptic writings. As you try to interpret the elaborate script, it begins to shift and morph into writing you are familiar with."
"Odd. The book seems to be about an Ancient named Neow.
This piques your interest, but you have a general feeling of malaise."
[Continue] Lose 1 HP.
"The Ancient of resurrection, Neow, was exiled to the bottom of the Spire.
You feel compelled to read more, but your body begins to ache."
[Continue] Lose 2 HP.
"Seeking vengeance, Neow blesses outsiders, using them for her own purposes.
You are starting feel very weak and tired."
[Continue] Lose 3 HP.
"Those resurrected by Neow remember only fragments of their past selves, cursed to fight for eternity.
As you near the final page, your old wounds begin to reopen!"
[Take] Obtain the Book. Lose 10 HP (Ascension 15: Lose 15 HP).
[Stop] Lose 3 HP.
Obtainable Relics Edit
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Adding page turn SFX to Cursed Tome event.
- Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
- Seeds utilized for several events for consistent outcomes: Accursed Blacksmith, Cursed Tome, Scrap Ooze, N'loth.
- Weekly Patch 16: Back to Work
- Cursed Tome Event now uses reward screen for the earned book relic (optional pickup).