The Corrupt Heart is the final boss, fought in Act IV of the Spire. It is very powerful; its innate powers and buffs it gains throughout the fight can prove very difficult to counter. Because of its Invincible buff, it can only take 300(200) damage per turn, rendering strategies that rely on heavy damage less effective. Additionally, it will gain incredible amounts of Strength on its fourth buff and onward, so killing it quickly is also important.
- Beat of Death X: Whenever you play a card, take X damage.
- Invincible X: Caps all damage and HP loss taken to X each turn.
- Painful Stabs: Shuffle 1 Wound into your Discard Pile each time you receive unblocked attack damage.
- Strength reduction and/or damage reduction is really good against The Heart, since its Blood Shot only deals 2 damage. This includes:
- Any source of Weak will also be extremely valuable against The Heart in turns 2 and 3.
- Thorns is also very good due to it triggering 12 (15) times for each Blood Shots that The Heart does
- Anything that triggers on-damage or on-attack is very good against The Heart due to it triggering 12 (15) times for each Blood Shots that The Heart does. This includes:
Always starts with Debilitate. Uses Buff every 3 turns starting from turn 4.
Otherwise, has a 50% chance of using Blood Shots followed by Echo and a 50% chance of using Echo followed by Blood Shots.
|Debilitate||Applies 2 Weak, 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable. Shuffles a Dazed, Slimed, Wound, Burn and a Void into the draw pile.||Applies 2 Weak, 2 Frail and 2 Vulnerable. Shuffles a Dazed, Slimed, Wound, Burn and a Void into the draw pile.|
|Blood Shots||Deal 2 x 12 damage.||Deal 2 x 15 damage.|
|Echo||Deal 40 damage.||Deal 45 damage.|
|Buff||Remove all Strength Down debuffs, gain 2 Strength and *additional buffs.||Remove all Strength Down debuffs, gain 2 Strength and *additional buffs.|
Additional buffs list:
1st Buff: Artifact 2
2nd Buff: Beat of Death 1
3rd Buff: Painful Stabs
4th Buff: Strength 10
5th Buff and higher: Strength 50
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed Invincible power with interactions such as The Boot and Block.
- Weekly Patch 55: Blur
- Adding VFX for the Heart's buff move.
- Adding VFX for Heart's debuff move.
- Weekly Patch 53: Blizzard
- Beat of Death Power now damages you after a card's actions completely resolve.
- Invincible Power tooltip now correctly matches the icon and shows the correct amount.