FANDOM


Byrds are weak enemies found in Act 2 that begin each battle with a flying buff. Until each Byrd is dealt attack damage three times (four times on Ascension 17+) in one turn, it will take half damage from all attacks. This combined with its Strength scaling and multi-hit attacks make the Byrd a fearsome foe for some decks.

Flying X: Takes 50% less damage on the next X attacks. Removed when attacked X times in a single turn. Charges are refilled back to X at the start of each turn if not fully removed.

Pattern Edit

Can only use Peck or Caw on the first turn with a 62.5% chance for Peck and 37.5% chance for Caw. Afterwards, has a 50% chance of using Peck, 20% chance of using Swoop, and 30% chance of using Caw. Cannot use Peck three times in a row and cannot use Caw or Swoop twice in a row.

Because Byrds have the Flying buff, they will only take half of the damage dealt until they are hit three(or four on Ascension 17+) times in a turn. Here is the sequence of events when a Byrd loses its Flying buffs:

  1. It will get stunned instantly, interrupting its previous intent;
  2. It will use Headbutt the following turn;
  3. It will use Fly.
  4. Returns to its original pattern when Flying.
Name Intent Effect Asc 2+ Asc 17+
Caw
Intent - Buff
Gains 1 Strength. Gains 1 Strength. Gains 1 Strength.
Peck Attack Intent 2 Deals 1x5 damage. Deals 1x6 damage. Deals 1x6 damage.
Swoop Intent - Aggressive - Sword Deals 12 damage Deals 14 damage. Deals 14 damage.
Fly Intent - Unknown Gains Flying 3. Gains Flying 3. Gains Flying 4.
Headbutt Attack intent 1 Deals 3 damage. Deals 3 damage. Deals 3 damage.

Tips Edit

  • Because Byrds attack so many times in one turn and have low HP, Thorns is very powerful in this fight.
  • Attacks that hit multiple enemies multiple times, such as Dagger Spray
    DaggerSpray
    , are very useful for removing the Byrds' Flying buff.
  • It is more important to attack a Byrd if it is buffing its Strength; its next turn will be much stronger unless it is knocked down or killed.
  • Indirect forms of damage, such as from the Defect's orbs or Poison, ignore the Byrds' Flying buff and are therefore more powerful in this fight.
  • If a Byrd is dealt attack damage more than enough times to knock it down with a single card, the Byrd will be knocked down after the card's effects are finished. Thus, using Whirlwind
    Whirlwind
    with 5 energy will deal half damage to all byrds 5 times.

Trivia Edit

  • The name "Byrd" is just 'Bird' spelled with a 'y'.

Update HistoryEdit

  • Weekly Patch 45: Impatience
    • Flight's power description now correctly resets at the start of turn.
  • Weekly Patch 42: Reboo
    • Adding SFX for Byrd peck attack.
    • Updating SFX for Flight and Focus Powers.
  • Weekly Patch 41: Chill
    • Added additional SFX for Byrd's peck attack.
    • Adding SFX for Byrd cawing.
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Adding SFX for Time Warp, Flight, Constricted, and Entangle Powers.
  • Weekly Patch 19: Seed
    • Fixed the turn order for Chosen + Byrd encounter. Chosen no longer applies Vulnerable before Byrd attacks.
  • Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
    • FlameBarrier, Flight, Malleable, and Torii now have more checks to ensure that their effects trigger correctly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.