Byrds are weak enemies found in Act 2 that begin each battle with a flying buff. Until each Byrd is dealt attack damage three times (four times on Ascension 17+) in one turn, it will take half damage from all attacks. This combined with its Strength scaling and multi-hit attacks make the Byrd a fearsome foe for some decks.
Flying X: Takes 50% less damage on the next X attacks. Removed when attacked X times in a single turn. Charges are refilled back to X at the start of each turn if not fully removed.
Can only use Peck or Caw on the first turn with a 62.5% chance for Peck and 37.5% chance for Caw. Afterwards, has a 50% chance of using Peck, 20% chance of using Swoop, and 30% chance of using Caw. Cannot use Peck three times in a row and cannot use Caw or Swoop twice in a row.
Because Byrds have the Flying buff, they will only take half of the damage dealt until they are hit three(or four on Ascension 17+) times in a turn. Here is the sequence of events when a Byrd loses its Flying buffs:
- It will get stunned instantly, interrupting its previous intent;
- It will use Headbutt the following turn;
- It will use Fly.
- Returns to its original pattern when Flying.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Asc 2+||Asc 17+|
|Caw||Gains 1 Strength.||Gains 1 Strength.||Gains 1 Strength.|
|Peck||Deals 1x5 damage.||Deals 1x6 damage.||Deals 1x6 damage.|
|Swoop||Deals 12 damage||Deals 14 damage.||Deals 14 damage.|
|Fly||Gains Flying 3.||Gains Flying 3.||Gains Flying 4.|
|Headbutt||Deals 3 damage.||Deals 3 damage.||Deals 3 damage.|
- Because Byrds attack so many times in one turn and have low HP, Thorns is very powerful in this fight.
- Attacks that hit multiple enemies multiple times, such as Dagger Spray, are very useful for removing the Byrds' Flying buff.
- It is more important to attack a Byrd if it is buffing its Strength; its next turn will be much stronger unless it is knocked down or killed.
- Indirect forms of damage, such as from the Defect's orbs or Poison, ignore the Byrds' Flying buff and are therefore more powerful in this fight.
- If a Byrd is dealt attack damage more than enough times to knock it down with a single card, the Byrd will be knocked down after the card's effects are finished. Thus, using Whirlwind with 5 energy will deal half damage to all Byrds 5 times.
- The name "Byrd" is just 'Bird' spelled with a 'y'.
- Weekly Patch 45: Impatience
- Flight's power description now correctly resets at the start of turn.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboo
- Adding SFX for Byrd peck attack.
- Updating SFX for Flight and Focus Powers.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Added additional SFX for Byrd's peck attack.
- Adding SFX for Byrd cawing.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Adding SFX for Time Warp, Flight, Constricted, and Entangle Powers.
- Weekly Patch 19: Seed
- Fixed the turn order for Chosen + Byrd encounter. Chosen no longer applies Vulnerable before Byrd attacks.
- Weekly Patch 2: Slimes!
- FlameBarrier, Flight, Malleable, and Torii now have more checks to ensure that their effects trigger correctly.