Burn is an unplayable Status card. Burns can be added to your draw pile or discard pile during a game by some enemies such as the Orb Walker. Unlike other Status cards, Burn does have an upgraded version. Burn+ is created by the Hexaghost boss when it uses its Inferno attack and in all subsequent attacks.
Burn deals damage to you immediately upon ending your turn. As Burn deals damage instead of causing direct HP loss, it can be blocked. Only Burn cards that are in your hand at the end of the turn will deal damage to you, so if you can remove a Burn from your hand before the end of turn (e.g. by discarding or exhausting it), it will have no effect. After a Burn damages you at the end of your turn, it is discarded, even if you have the Runic Pyramid.
Burn Sources[edit | edit source]
- Twisting Mind
Burn+ Sources[edit | edit source]
- Hexaghost (after using Inferno)
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Evolve: Draw 1 more card for each Burn you draw. Stacking Evolves can allow you to draw 2 more cards when you draw a Burn. Can still lead to a hand of 10 Burns.
- Exhaust synergies can use Burns as exhaust fuel.
- Medical Kit allows Burns to be played and exhausted for no penalty.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Weekly Patch 51: Recursion
- Burn cards no longer trigger Time Eater's ability at end of turn.
- Rebound card no longer puts Burns on top of your deck.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Fixed issue where Regret/Decay/Doubt/Burn fails to exhaust via Blue Candle and Medical Kit.