It spawns minions to steal the players' cards and uses a powerful move called Hyper Beam to attempt to kill the player. Depending on which cards the orbs steal, this fight can be very dangerous.
Pattern[edit | edit source]
Always starts with Spawn Orbs, then repeats the following:
- HYPER BEAM
- Stunned (does nothing)
On Ascension 19 and higher, Stunned is replaced with Boost.
|Spawn Orbs||Spawns 2 Bronze Orbs.||Spawns 2 Bronze Orbs.|
|Boost||Gain 3 Strength and 9 Block.||Gain 4 Strength and 12 Block.|
|Flail||Deals 7 x 2 damage.||Deals 8 x 2 damage.|
|HYPER BEAM||Deals 45 damage.||Deals 50 damage.|
Bronze Orb[edit | edit source]
A Minion spawned by the Bronze Automaton.
Pattern[edit | edit source]
Has a 75% chance of using Stasis, 7.5% chance of using Beam and 17.5% chance of using Support Beam every turn.
After Stasis is used, will now have a 70% chance of using Support Beam and a 30% chance of using Beam every turn. It cannot use the same move 3 times in a row.
Destroying a Bronze Orb that has stolen a card from you via Stasis will return the card into your hand.
Note that cards in stasis are completely unaffected by any effect that would usually influence them. For example, Masterful Stab's cost will not increase if you are hit while it is in stasis.
|Stasis||Steals the rarest card in the draw pile, or from the discard pile if the draw pile is empty.|
|Beam||Deals 8 damage.|
|Support Beam||Gives Bronze Automaton 12 Block.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hyper Beam attack is a reference to the Pokémon games, in which Hyper Beam is one of the strongest moves in existence, after which the user also has to skip the next turn to recharge.
- It also shares its name with a Defect card of similar effect, both being powerful attacks that greatly cripples their users.
- The Bronze Orb shows a slight resemblance to the Sentry, even though there is no clear connection shown in-game.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Stasis move from Bronze Automaton's Orbs is now seeded.
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed Automaton's orbs preventing scaling of Genetic Algorithm and Ritual Dagger.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Updating SFX for Bronze Automaton summoning an Orb.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Adding SFX for Automaton's Orb spawn.
- Weekly Patch 36: Power Through
- Moving Bronze Automaton and its orbs 50px left so the rightmost orb's powers aren't cut off.
- Weekly Patch 25: Building Blocks
- Bronze Automaton combat now has enemies correctly attacking from left to right.
- Eviscerate card now has correct cost when returned from Stasis power.
- Weekly Patch 15: Surprise Patch
- Fix for Bronze Orb AI getting stuck in an incorrect state.
- Weekly Patch 13: Thinking Ahead
- Fixed crash when Bronze Orbs' Stasis was used when your draw/discard pile was empty.
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- Bronze Automaton's Hyper Beam damage is increased from 40 -> 45.
|Monsters, Elites, and Bosses|