Slay the Spire Wiki
Advertisement

The Book of Stabbing is an Elite encounter found in Act 2 of the Spire. Its scaling multi-hit attack, strong single-hit attacks, and ability to shuffle many Wounds into your discard pile make it a fearsome foe.


Pattern[]

Every turn, the Book of Stabbing has an 85% chance of using Multi-Stab and a 15% chance of using Single Stab.

Cannot use Multi-Stab 3 times in a row. Cannot use Single Stab twice in a row.

Name Intent Effect Ascension 3+ Ascension 18+
Multi-Stab Intent - Aggressive - Sword.png Deals 6 x N* damage. Deals 7 x N* damage. Deals 7 x N* damage.
Single Stab
Attack intent 5.png
Deals 21 damage. Deals 24 damage. Deals 24 damage.

*N is equal to 2 plus the number of times Multi-Stab has been previously used in the fight. On Ascension 18 and higher, N is equal to the Turn Number plus 1 instead.

Tips[]

  • It is important to try and kill the Book as quickly as possible, because its attacks will only get worse and can become overwhelming.
  • The Book suffers greatly against Icon Weak.png Weak, Icon Thorns.png Thorns, and Icon Strength.png Strength reduction due to its scaling being solely said multi-hit attacks and its lack of ability to apply any kind of debuff on the player to reduce their ability to Icon Block.png Block.

Gallery[]

Update History[]

  • Weekly Update 56: The Collector
    • Book of Stabbing enemy's multi-stab attack strikes 1 less time on Ascension 18.
  • Weekly Update 49: The Designer
    • Painful Stabs power will no longer give wounds if the damage was prevented by Buffer.
  • Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
    • Book of Stabbing enemy on Ascension 18+ now does a single stab sometimes, but still increases its multi-stab count.
  • Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
    • Adding SFX for Book of Stabbing attacks.
  • Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
    • Ascension 18 Book of Stabbing enemy now has modified AI. Now stabs you relentlessly.
  • Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
    • We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Book of Stabbing
  • Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
    • Book of Stabbing elite nerf. Has 8 less HP and a new move that deals 21 damage. While doing this move, the multi-stab doesn't increase in stab count.
  • Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
    • Book of Stabbing is completely reworked. Lots more stabbing, and a lot less random.
    • Painful Stabs gets a power icon.
  • Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
    • Book of Stabbing was appearing in normal enemy rooms and stabbing everyone to death, we are truly sorry for the suffering.
Monsters, Elites, and Bosses
MonsterMapIcon.png

AcidSlimeIcon.jpgSpikeSlimeIcon.jpgCultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgLousesIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GremlinNobIcon.jpgLagavulinIcon.jpgSentriesIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

Guardian.jpgHexaghostAchievement.jpgSlimeBossAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

ByrdIcon.jpgChosenIcon.jpgMuggerIcon.jpgShelledParasiteIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpgCenturionMysticIcon.jpgSnakePlantIcon.jpgSneckoIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgFungiBeastIcon.jpgGremlinsIcon.jpgLooterIcon.jpgSentrySoloIcon.jpgBlueSlaverIcon.jpgRedSlaverIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

BookOfStabbingIcon.jpgGremlinLeaderIcon.jpgTaskmasterIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AutomatonAchievement.jpgChamp.jpgCollectorAchievement.jpg

MonsterMapIcon.png

DarklingIcon.jpgOrbWalkerIcon.jpgShapesIcon.jpgMawIcon.jpgSpireGrowthIcon.jpgTransientIcon.jpgWrithingMassIcon.jpg

CultistIcon.jpgJawWormIcon.jpgSphericGuardianIcon.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

GiantHeadIcon.jpgNemesisIcon.jpgReptomancerIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

AwakenedOneAchievement.jpgDonuAndDecaIcon.jpgTimeEaterAchievement.jpg

EliteMapIcon.png

SpireShieldIcon.jpgSpireSpearIcon.jpg

BossMapIcon.png

CorruptHeartIcon.jpg

Advertisement