The Book of Stabbing is an Elite encounter found only in the second act of the Spire. Its scaling stabbing damage and strong single-hit attacks make it a fearsome foe, though this may be mitigated by decreasing its damage via a Weak debuff or otherwise.
- It is also important to note that, due to its "Painful Stabs" ability, each time it deals unblocked damage, it shuffles aWound into your discard pile.
Every turn, the Book of Stabbing has an 85% chance of using Multi-Stab and a 15% chance of using Single Stab.
Cannot use Multi-Stab 3 times in a row. Cannot use Single Stab twice in a row.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Ascension 3+||Ascension 18+|
|Multi-Stab||Deals 6 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.|
|Single Stab||Deals 21 damage.||Deals 24 damage.||Deals 24 damage.|
*N is equal to 2 plus the number of times Multi-Stab has been previously used in the fight. On Ascension 18 and higher, N is equal to the Turn Number plus 1 instead.
- It is important to try and kill the Book as quickly as possible, because its attacks will only get worse and can become overwhelming.
- Because of Multi-Stab, Strength reduction is incredibly valuable against the Book.Dark Shackles,Disarm,Piercing Wail,Malaise, etc. are all incredibly valuable in this fight.
- Weekly Update 56: The Collector
- Book of Stabbing enemy's multi-stab attack strikes 1 less time on Ascension 18.
- Weekly Update 49: The Designer
- Painful Stabs power will no longer give wounds if the damage was prevented by Buffer.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Book of Stabbing enemy on Ascension 18+ now does a single stab sometimes, but still increases its multi-stab count.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Adding SFX for Book of Stabbing attacks.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Ascension 18 Book of Stabbing enemy now has modified AI. Now stabs you relentlessly.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Book of Stabbing
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Book of Stabbing elite nerf. Has 8 less HP and a new move that deals 21 damage. While doing this move, the multi-stab doesn't increase in stab count.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Book of Stabbing is completely reworked. Lots more stabbing, and a lot less random.
- Painful Stabs gets a power icon.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Book of Stabbing was appearing in normal enemy rooms and stabbing everyone to death, we are truly sorry for the suffering.