The Book of Stabbing is an Elite encounter found only in the second act of the Spire. Its scaling stabbing damage and strong single-hit attacks make it a fearsome foe, though this may be mitigated by decreasing its damage via a Weak debuff or otherwise.
- It is also important to note that, due to its "Painful Stabs" ability, each time it deals unblocked damage, it shuffles a Wound into your discard pile.
- The Book of Stabbing has a 15% chance to use Attack 2.
- Attack 1 cannot be used 3 times in a row, and Attack 2 cannot be used twice in a row.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Ascension 3+||Ascension 18+|
|Attack 1||Deals 6 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.|
|Attack 2||Deals 21 damage.||Deals 24 damage.||Deals 24 damage.|
*N is equal to 2 plus the number of times Attack 1 has been previously used in the fight. On Ascension 18 and higher, N is equal to the Turn Number plus 1 instead.
- It is important to try and kill the Book as quickly as possible, because its attacks will only get worse and can become overwhelming.
- Because of Attack 1, Strength reduction is incredibly valuable against the Book. Dark Shackles, Disarm, Piercing Wail, Malaise, etc. are all incredibly valuable in this fight.