The Book of Stabbing is an Elite encounter found only in the second act of the Spire. Its scaling stabbing damage and strong single-hit attacks make it a fearsome foe, though this may be mitigated by decreasing its damage via a Weak debuff or otherwise.
- It is also important to note that, due to its "Painful Stabs" ability, each time it deals unblocked damage, it shuffles a Wound into your discard pile.
- The Book of Stabbing has a 15% chance to use Attack 2.
- Attack 1 cannot be used 3 times in a row, and Attack 2 cannot be used twice in a row.
|Name||Intent||Effect||Ascension 3+||Ascension 18+|
|Attack 1||Deals 6 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.||Deals 7 x N* damage.|
|Attack 2||Deals 21 damage.||Deals 24 damage.||Deals 24 damage.|
*N is equal to 2 plus the number of times Attack 1 has been previously used in the fight. On Ascension 18 and higher, N is equal to the Turn Number plus 1 instead.
- It is important to try and kill the Book as quickly as possible, because its attacks will only get worse and can become overwhelming.
- Because of Attack 1, Strength reduction is incredibly valuable against the Book. Dark Shackles, Disarm, Piercing Wail, Malaise, etc. are all incredibly valuable in this fight.
- Weekly Update 56: The Collector
- Book of Stabbing enemy's multi-stab attack strikes 1 less time on Ascension 18.
- Weekly Update 49: The Designer
- Painful Stabs power will no longer give wounds if the damage was prevented by Buffer.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Book of Stabbing enemy on Ascension 18+ now does a single stab sometimes, but still increases its multi-stab count.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Adding SFX for Book of Stabbing attacks.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Ascension 18 Book of Stabbing enemy now has modified AI. Now stabs you relentlessly.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- We updated the animations for several monsters! Affected monsters include: Book of Stabbing
- Weekly Patch 6: We're Back!
- Book of Stabbing elite nerf. Has 8 less HP and a new move that deals 21 damage. While doing this move, the multi-stab doesn't increase in stab count.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Book of Stabbing is completely reworked. Lots more stabbing, and a lot less random.
- Painful Stabs gets a power icon.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Book of Stabbing was appearing in normal enemy rooms and stabbing everyone to death, we are truly sorry for the suffering.