Bonfire Spirits is an event that can appear in Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3. You encounter an enchanted bonfire with dancing spirits.
[Offer] Choose a card in your deck and offer it to the spirits. The offered card will be removed from your deck, and you will receive a reward based on the card's rarity.
|Common OR Special card||Heal 5 HP|
|Uncommon card||Heal to full|
|Rare card||Heal to full + 10 max HP|
|You happen upon a group of what looks like purple fire spirits dancing around a large bonfire.|
|The spirits toss small bones and fragments into the fire, which brilliantly erupts each time. As you approach, the spirits all turn to you, expectantly...|
|You toss an offering into the bonfire.|
|If you offer a Curse||However, the spirits aren't happy that you offered a Curse... The card fizzles a meek black smoke. You receive a... something in return.|
|If you offer a Basic card||Nothing happens...|
|The spirits seem to be ignoring you now. Disappointing...|
|If you offer a Common or Special card card||The flames grow slightly brighter.|
|The spirits continue dancing. You feel slightly warmer from their presence..|
|You heal 5 HP.|
|If you offer an Uncommon card||The flames erupt, growing significantly stronger!|
|The spirits dance around you excitedly, filling you with a sense of warmth.|
|You are healed to full HP.|
|If you offer a Rare card||The flames burst, nearly knocking you off your feet, as the fire doubles in strength.|
|The spirits dance around you excitedly before merging into your form, filling you with warmth and strength.|
|Your Max HP increases by 10 and you are healed to full HP.|
Strategy EditThis event can be exploited for a quick healing or for a free card removal. Remember that offering a Common card still heal you for 5 HP, and removing your Basic card does not have any major downside. You can also use this event to remove a Curse, especially powerful ones like Normality or Pain, as Spirit Poop that this event yield does not have any major gameplay effect except that it will reduce your score by 1.
- Offering a removable Curses, with the exception of Pride (which is counted as Special cards), will give you Spirit Poop. Even though Spirit Poop is useless, you still get to remove a Curse from your deck.
- The only effect of Spirit Poop has, if you still have it by the end of the game, is that it gives a "Poopy" modifier to your score, which reduce your total score by 1.
- Basic cards are the default cards from your starting deck.
- Special cards (those not obtainable through card rewards, such as Pride or J.A.X.) behave exactly like Commons, and will heal the player for five HP.
- Weekly Patch 48: Creative AI
- Bonfire Spirits event now works if the only remaining cards are bottled.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Bonfire Spirits event now correctly handles offering them a card with the Special rarity (like Bite, or Apparition).
- If you have nothing to offer the Bonfire Spirits, the game will no longer crash. The Spirits will just be sad.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Bonfire event will no longer give out duplicate relics on Endless mode.