Block is the amount of attack damage a character can take before the damage affects their HP.
All block is typically removed at the start of your turn. However, some block can be carried over to the next turn with Dodge and Roll, or with one of these buffs or relics:
- Blur: Grants the Blur buff, which prevents you from losing any block at the start of next turn. Can be stacked.
- Barricade: Grants the Barricade buff, which prevents you from losing any block at the start of your turn for the rest of this combat.
- Calipers: Causes you to lose 15 block at the start of each turn instead of all of it. Overridden by Blur and Barricade.
Sources of damage that ignore block
In general, any card or effect that reads "Lose X HP" ignores Block.
Effects and cards that ignore an enemy's block:
- Melter does not directly ignore block, but removes all of it instead, so the block is technically ignored.
Effects and cards that ignore your block:
- Various Ironclad Cards that mention "Lose X HP"
- Playing any cards with Pain in your hand
- Ending your turn with Regret in your hand
- Playing any curse with Blue Candle
Cards that gives block
Neutral cards that gives block:
Defect cards that gives block:
Cost 0 :
Cost 2 or more:
- Patch V1.1: The Dealer
- Fixed damage and block values showing green increased values when the end value was the same.
- Fixed Invincible power with interactions such as The Boot and Block.
- Weekly Patch 44: Chrysalis
- Keywords are now always gold in descriptions. Block, Vulnerable, etc.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- Fixed bug causing block to maintain between colosseum combats.
- Weekly Patch 20: Immolate
- Edge case fixes for incorrect Block rounding with multiple powers.
- Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
- Fix for Block calculation with multiple modifiers incorrectly rounding.
- Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
- Exploder's explosion no longer ignores block.
- Weekly Patch 5: Happy Holidays!
- Block and Deck count are now in a bolder font.
- Day 1 Patch
- Adding logic to prevent scale cannot be 0 issue for Blocked Number VFX.