Unawakened Form (Stage 1)
Always begins with Slash. Has a 25% chance of using Soul Strike and a 75% chance of using Slash every turn. Slash cannot be used three times in a row and Soul Strike cannot be used twice in a row.
Once HP reaches 0, it loses Curiosity and the intent instantly changes to Rebirth.
Awakened Form (Stage 2)
Always starts with Dark Echo. Has a 50% chance of using Tackle and a 50% chance of using Sludge. Cannot use Tackle three times in a row and cannot use Sludge three times in a row.
Defeating the Awakened One's second stage will cause the remaining Cultists to flee.
|Slash||Deal 20 damage.|
|Soul Strike||Deal 6 x 4 damage.|
|Rebirth||Removes all debuffs, interrupts previous intents.|
|Dark Echo||Deal 40 damage.|
|Sludge||Deal 18 damage and shuffle 1 Void into the draw pile.|
|Tackle||Deal 10 x 3 damage.|
Kill the Cultists as soon as possible as they gain Strength each turn after the first. The Awakened One itself is straightforward to handle: match your defense to the specific attack and use the rest of your energy to deal damage. Once you lower it to zero HP, it will become invulnerable until its next turn while removing debuffs like weakened and vulnerable. Use that turn to ramp up your defense and possibly play power cards that were saved, since The Awakened One will immediately use its Dark Echo attack. Surviving the second stage is mostly a matter of surviving Dark Echo -- especially the first one, which could catch unsuspecting characters off-guard. Save any exhaust cards that will help speed up this phase (e.g. Terror)
Watch out for Stage 1's Curiosity ability. Whenever you play a Power, The Awakened One will gain 1 Strength (2 in Ascension 19-20). This is especially dangerous with the Soul Strike attack, which will use the Strength bonus four times. Even if you have a Power build, you might want to avoid using them during this stage. Curiosity goes away in Stage 2, so you might want to spam your Powers when the Awakened One enters its invulnerable state between the stages, or as soon as Stage 2 begins.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- Awakened One and Orb Walkers were not shuffling their status cards into the player's draw pile, but into a fixed position.
- Weekly Patch 46: Adrenaline
- Feed now correctly works on the Awakened One when it is in its second form.
- Weekly Patch 42: Reboot
- Updating SFX for Awakened One's pounce attack.
- Weekly Patch 41: Chill
- 2 more SFX for Awakened One's attacks.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Ascension 19 Awakened One's Curiousity Power nerfed 3 -> 2.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Fix for crash when playing Havoc against half dead enemies (Darkling/Awakened one).
- Weekly Patch 34: Malaise
- Enemies in the Awakened One encounter were not attacking in the correct order. Now attacks left to right.
- Weekly Patch 25: Building Blocks
- Awakened One no longer incorrectly regenerates to 10 HP if killed by thorn type effects.
- Weekly Patch 23: Testing Continues...
- Fixed issue where Awakened One was affected by Debuffs from Form 2.
- Sunder should now work on half dead enemies (Darklings/Awakened One)
- Weekly Patch 21: Channel Lightning
- Fixed issue where Awakened One could growl multiple times.
- Weekly Patch 20: Immolate
- Awakened One nerf. Curiousity is now 2 -> 1. Ascension: 3 -> 2.
- Weekly Patch 18: Paranormal
- Awakened One nerf: 2 Voids -> 1 Void
- Weekly Patch 17: Patched in the Face
- Void: Replaces the Darkness debuff from the Awakened One.
- Awakened One now gives you a Void card instead of the Darkness debuff.
- Weekly Patch 14: Bullet Time
- New animations for Awakened One.
- Weekly Patch 10: Quality of Life
- Awakened One buffed to be on par with other Act 3 bosses:
- Soul Strike: 6 x 3 -> 6 x 4
- Slash damage 10 -> 20
- Echo damage 32 -> 40
- Tackle: 10 x 2 -> 10 x 3
- Weekly Patch 8: Ooh Shiny!
- Awakened One enemy updated HP 320/240 -> 300/300.
- Weekly Patch 7: Setting Up All the Things
- HOTFIX: The Awakened One actually heals to full HP now.
- The Awakened One gets many changes:
- HP is increased from 300 -> 320.
- Curiosity is nerfed from 3 -> 2
- Form 2 HP 200 -> 240
- Form 2 no longer cleanses buffs (Strength is retained)
- Form 2: Dark Echo 40 -> 32
- Form 2: 12 x 2 attack is now 10 x 2 attack
- Form 2: 16 damage is now 12 damage
- Form 2: Cleanse move is removed
- The You Are Nothing achievement can be achieved on The Awakened One now.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Feed no longer works on enemies that go into a half dead state (Darkling, Awakened One).
- Weekly Patch 1: The First of Many!
- The Awakened One now has a Power that alludes to a second form.