Artifact is a buff that will negate the next Debuff on that unit.
- Bouncing Flask will remove 1 Artifact with each bounce.
- Envenom will remove 1 Artifact with each unblocked Attack damage.
- Shockwave and Crippling Cloud will remove up to 2 Artifacts from each enemy, since they inflicts 2 Debuffs.
Effects that apply multiple Debuffs will do so in the order listed on the card. For instance, if an enemy has 1 Artifact and is hit by Shockwave, the card will apply Weak then apply Vulnerable as per its description, and the enemy will lose 1 Artifact to negate Weak and only has Vulnerable inflicted on it.
- Note that all cards that inflict ongoing effects on enemies work via their own special Debuff even if it's not specifically identified on the card; these will still be negated by Artifact. For instance, the ongoing effects of Corpse Explosion or Choke can be negated by Artifact.
- Enemy attacks which immediately add a card, whether Status or Curse to your deck, such as the Slime Boss' Goop Spray, the Taskmaster's Scouring Whip, or Writhing Mass' Implant, are depicted as inflicting negative effects and might give the impression it can be negated by an Artifact. However, an active Artifact will not prevent the addition of the cards.
- Flex's Strength loss at the end of turn is handled as a Debuff that can be negated by Artifact, making the Strength gain permanent.
- Wraith Form and Biased Cognition's Debuffs can be negated by Artifact before you played mentioned cards. If you gain Artifact after being inflicted by the Debuffs, it will negate 1 tick of their respective effects.
- No Draw from Bullet Time or Battle Trance can be negated, allowing the player to keep on drawing cards.
- The downsides of Panic Button, Hyperbeam, Berserk, and Fasting can be negated, allowing them to be played safely.
- Blasphemy's effect is considered a buff, preventing Artifact from blocking it.
- Core Surge - 1 Artifact.
- Panacea - 1 (2) Artifact.
- Clockwork Souvenir - Start each combat with 1 Artifact.
- Sentry - Start each combat with 1 Artifact.
- Spheric Guardian - Start each combat with 3 Artifact.
- Bronze Automaton - Start each combat with 3 Artifact.
- Donu and Deca - Start each combat with 2 (3 19+) Artifact.
- Spire Shield and Spire Spear - Start each combat with 1 (2 18+) Artifact.
- Corrupt Heart - Gains 2 Artifact the first time it uses its Buff move.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- Turnip and Ginger relics now prevent Artifact from triggering when they nullify Debuffs.
- Weekly Patch 40: Forethought
- Shifting Power (Transient) should now interact correctly, even if the owner has Artifact.
- Weekly Patch 35: Aggregate
- Corpse Explosion power is now a Debuff.
- Weekly Patch 33: Terror
- No Draw power now counts as a Debuff.
- Wraith Form power now properly counts as a Debuff. (Like Biased Cognition)