This relic's ability allows the player to play more cards on turn 1 after entering a Rest Site, which means it is more likely for a combat to end much faster than it normally would. This give the player an incentive to route towards Rest Sites. Since boss combats are always preceded with a Rest Site, this relic guarantees 2 additional Energy at the start of boss combats (barring some exceptions, see the Secret Portal event and the Ascension 20 modifier).
- X Energy Cost Cards (Whirlwind,Skewer,Tempest): The additional Energy makes playing these cards on turn 1 much more viable.
- Innate Powers (Infinite Blades+,Hello World+): The additional Energy allows these cards to be played without devoting your first turn to them.
- Card Draw (Acrobatics,Shrug It Off,Battle Trance): The additional Energy gained from Ancient Tea Set allows you to use cards that draw more cards, while still having enough Energy to use the cards drawn.
- Bag of Preparation or Ring of the Snake: The extra card draw in addition to the 2 Energy provided by Ancient Tea Set allow you to have a much more powerful first turn.
- Ice Cream: Allows you to conserve the additional Energy gained from Ancient Tea Set between turns, giving the effect a much wider impact.
- Weekly Patch 52: Release Date Price Increase
- Updated relic asset for Ancient Tea Set.
- Weekly Patch 8: Ooh Shiny!
- Wording: Consistency in description for Ancient Tea Set and Eternal Feather.
- Weekly Patch 4: Full speed ahead!
- Fixing typos for Ancient Tea Set's flavor description.
- Weekly Patch 3: Balance Balance Balance
- Ancient Tea Set now properly saves its state, continuing won't remove it.