Anchor is a common relic that provides 10 Block at the start of each combat.
This relic's ability makes your turn 1 easier, as you do not need to spend as much Energy on defense. This means you could either attack right away, or, more effectively, play Power cards on your first turn safely. Because of this, decks that rely on (likely Innate) Powers find this relic very useful.
- Bag of Preparation or Ring of the Snake: The additional 2 cards in your starting hand may be played safely.
- Body Slam: Does 10 additional damage.
- Bottled Flame: Allows to play the bottled Attack safely.
- Bottled Tornado: Allows to play the bottled Power safely (See Strategy).
- Calipers, Barricade, Blur: The initial 10 Block may now carry into other turns.
- Runic Pyramid, Well-Laid Plans, Equilibrium: Block cards drawn on turn 1 may be Retained for later turns.