The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Akabeko is a common relic that makes the first attack played each combat deal an additional 8 damage.
Strategy EditAkabeko is essentially a hefty 1-attack Strength boost. This card benefits multihit cards, such as Pummel and Ragnarok, as the additional damage is applied to each attack done by the card.
- Bag of Marbles: If your first attack played is on turn 1, it will benefit from the Vulnerable given by Bag of Marbles.
- Bag of Preparation, Ring of the Snake, and Ring of the Serpent: The additional card draw means it is more likely for an attack that greatly benefits from Akabeko to be drawn on turn 1.
- Bottled Flame: Bottling a multihit attack such as Riddle with Holes allows a guaranteed powerful turn 1 attack.
- Dramatic Entrance is innate, costs 0, and gains another 8 damage applied to all enemies.
- Wrath and Divinity Stances: The additional damage given by Akabeko is doubled / tripled by these Stances.
- Gambling Chip and Gambler's Brew: Allows the player to mulligan cards that do not benefit from Akabeko.
- Reaper: The additional damage from Akabeko counts towards the healing given by Reaper.
- Louses are much more likely to be killed instead of Curling Up after being attacked.
- Innate Non-attack cards, Bottled Tornado, Bottled Lightning: Innate cards take up 1 of your 5 default draws, therefore making it harder to draw an attack that benefits from Akabeko.
- An Akabeko is a traditional toy from the Aizu region of Japan.
- Aizu legend claims that the toy is based on a real cow that was used to build the Enzō-ji Temple of Yanaizu in the 9th century.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.